NOVA is excited to announce the college-wide launch of a powerful new mobile safety app! The free LiveSafe app will improve communication between students, faculty, staff, and college police, and facilitate emergency response in distress situations. By providing access to the latest safety information, our goal is to make our already safe NOVA campuses and centers safer and more secure.
The LiveSafe app will offer a range of safety resources to NOVA students, faculty, staff, and parents, including to ability to:
• Send your location to college police in an emergency
• Report tips anonymously to college police
• Let friends or family monitor you as you walk home, so you never have to walk alone.
• Notify college police and emergency management of your safety and security concerns
• Ask questions and/or make suggestions to the college police
Here’s how you get the app:
1. Visit the iTunes or Google Play store, depending on your smartphone, and download the “LiveSafe” app (blue shield icon).
2. Choose NOVA from the list of schools that appear.
3. Fill-in your name and contact info so we can get in touch in the event of an emergency.
If you have any questions:
Call NOVA Dispatch, at 703-764-5000, if you have any questions about NOVA’s new mobile LiveSafe app. For additional information, check out www.LiveSafeMobile.com.