When juggling school, life, work, and family, it is very easy for important events and deadlines to get lost in the shuffle. When it comes to events and deadlines related to your schoolwork and life at NOVA, we try to keep you informed through this blog, Twitter, Facebook, and through emails to your student email account.
Your NOVA Online Instructor(s), the Financial Aid Office, the Business Office, and the Central Records Office will also send important communications that you would need to be aware of to your student email account. If your student email account isn’t the one you are used to checking every day, you might miss something important.
Thankfully, your student emails can be forwarded to another email address automatically, or you can set up your student email to receive emails from all of your other email accounts, so you can check everything in just one place.
To forward your student emails to another account, follow these steps:
1. Log into your student email account by logging into MY NOVA and select your student email from the list of choices.
**Make sure you have upgraded to a Google+ account.
2. Click on the head in upper right corner & then click on Account link.
3. Click on Edit settings link.
6. A verification email will be sent to the added address. If you don’t receive it, you will need to resend the verification. You will need to go to that address and click on a Verify button in the email to complete the process.
8. You can add or delete email addresses at any time.
Remember, that your NOVA Online Instructor will need you to respond to them using your student email, so you may not be able to just reply from a forwarded email. Instead, you might need to log in to your student email account to respond.
Keep in mind that all information which would be protected by privacy laws that an employee at NOVA would send you through email must be sent to your student email account to ensure a level of security. When you forward an email to another address, you take responsibility yourself for protecting your privacy regarding that information.
Having email lost because of forwarding does not absolve a student from the responsibilities associated with communication sent to his or her official email address. The VCCS is not responsible for the handling of email by outside vendors or unofficial servers.