To mark National Distance Learning Week this week, we wanted to take the opportunity to share with you 10 things you might not know about NOVA Online.1. 23,000 NOVA students taken online courses through NOVA Online each year.
2. NOVA Online offers more than 500 different online courses, so whatever field you’re in and whatever degree requirement you’re working to fill, you can probably find it at NOVA Online!
3. NOVA Online courses and NOVA Online faculty win national awards every year.
4. You are not alone when you take a NOVA Online course – you will interact with your professor and with your classmates through discussions, group assignments, and more.
5. NOVA Online staff provide lots of services to support you in your online courses, too, including 24/7 free online tutoring, an online librarian, 24/7 technical support, student success coaches, and much more.
6. NOVA Online offers monthly start dates for most of our courses, so just about any time you want to get started with us, we have a new session starting soon!
7. You can earn more than 40 complete associate’s degrees and certificates entirely through NOVA Online. Check out the list here: http://eli.nvcc.edu/degrees.htm
8. Not sure whether an online course is right for you? You can take the Smartermeasure assessment to find out!
9. NOVA Online offers courses in 16-week, 12-week, and 8-week lengths so you can choose the schedule and course length that best fits your needs.
10. Most NOVA Online students take classes on campus as well as NOVA Online classes; combining the two can be the perfect way to get to your degree as quickly as possible.
Happy Distance Learning Week to all our NOVA Online Students. If you have any questions, contact the NOVA Online Student Services Team at 703-323-3347 or connect with us on social media. We are more than happy to answer your questions, as well as refer you to useful resources and services that will support your online learning experience.