Advising week is offered every fall and spring semester at NOVA as a time for students to reflect upon their academic goals and career development in preparation for planning or evaluating their schedule for next semester. Advising week for the Spring 2016 semester will be held from November 2 – November 6. Get the most out of advising week by following the steps below:
- Attend a Getting Ready for Your Next Semester webinar. Learn more about the webinar and register for an upcoming session here.
- Use the Student Success Planner to build your academic plan and compare your plan to program requirements.
- Review your Advisement Report. Access NOVAConnect to view your report.
- Take a moment to reflect upon your career planning. If you need more information about career options or would like to learn about a resource to help you build a career plan consider attending a Focus on Your Career Planning webinar. Learn more about the webinar and register for an upcoming session here.
- Communicate with your advisor about your academic and career goals. Plan to have your academic plan, advisement report, and/or career plan handy when communicating with your advisor.
If you have not declared a program of study or are not pursuing a specific program at NOVA, contact an NOVA Online counselor for assistance.
Priority registration will begin on November 10. All current students will be assigned a priority registration date. During advising week access NOVAConnect to identify your priority registration date. Open registration begins on November 16.