- Any time today – Log in to your My NOVA account using your VCCS username and password.
- Select “Blackboard Learn” from the My Tools Section.
- Find your courses in the “My Blackboard Courses” section and enter each course site.
- Read the course syllabus in detail. Make sure you are comfortable with the pace of the course. If you are enrolled in more than one course, go through each course syllabi in detail. Review the overview of assignments and take notes in your planner.
- Get started on your first week’s assignments. You must complete the first assignment by the assigned deadline to avoid being administratively dropped from the course for non-participation. Look ahead to see if you have any real-time meetings or virtual office hours you won’t want to miss!
- Have you already attended the NOVA Online Orientation Webinar? If not, check out a session this week.
- Establish a Routine! All online classes, regardless of session length, are based on the full 16-week course material; 12, 8 and 6 week courses will move at an accelerated pace.
- Plan Ahead! All online classes require proctored exams or assignments. Plan ahead for your proctored exams so you don’t miss any deadlines. Check your course syllabus and review testing policies.
- Let NOVA Online staff know if you have any questions. Use the contact form, or contact your Student Success Coach at NOVA OnlineSuccess@nvcc.edu or 703.323.3347.
Good luck in your online course. Make sure you check your VCCS student email regularly so you don’t miss any announcements. Let us know if you have any questions!