Advising week is offered every fall and spring at NOVA as a time for students to reflect upon their academic goals and career development in preparation for planning and evaluating their schedule for next semester. Advising week for the Spring 2017 semester will be held from Oct. 31 – Nov. 4.
Get the most out of advising week by following the steps below:
- Attend a Getting Ready for Your Next Semester webinar. Learn more about the webinar and register for an upcoming session.
- Use the Student Success Planner to build your academic plan and compare your plan to program requirements.
- Review your Advisement Report. Access NOVAConnect to run an advisement report to view your progress and outstanding degree requirements.
- Take a moment to reflect upon your career planning. If you need more information about career options or would like to learn about a resource to help you build a career plan consider attending a Focus on Your Career Planning webinar. Learn more about the webinar and register for an upcoming session.
- Communicate with your advisor about your academic and career goals. Be sure to take a moment to review your plans for the spring semester. Plan to have your academic plan, advisement report, and/or career plan handy when communicating with your advisor.
If you have not declared a program of study or are not pursuing a specific program at NOVA connect with an academic counselor or advisor for assistance. Priority registration for the spring semester begins November 8. Open registration begins on November 14.
Throughout Advising Week the NOVA Online Student Blog will provide you with tools to plan effectively, resources to help guide your decisions, and answers to frequently asked questions throughout the process. Take advantage of Advising Week events on campus or virtually as you plan your schedule and register for courses. Reach out to the Student Services offices or Virtual Advisors with any questions you have as you are planning your courses.