Advising Week is almost here!
Advising Week is held every fall and spring at NOVA to help students prepare for their next semester and create an academic plan that works for them! Advising Week for summer / fall 2017 will be held Monday, April 3 – Friday, April 7.
Follow this NOVA Online Student Blog next week as we help you prepare to get the most out of Advising Week.
Things to watch for to help you prepare for Advising Week:
- Creating a schedule that works for you.
- Connecting with your advisor.
- Communicating effectively with your advisor.
- Taking time for yourself.
Questions to ask yourself as you prepare for Advising Week:
- What is one change I can make to my schedule to be more successful next term/semester?
- When would be a good time for me to connect with my advisor?
- What questions do I have for my advisor?
- What is one thing I can do this week to help manage stress?
This Advising Week Series will focus on academic planning, connecting with your advisor, and preparing for your upcoming terms. Throughout Advising Week the NOVA Online Student Blog will provide you with tools to plan effectively, resources to help guide your decisions, and answers to frequently asked questions throughout the process. Take advantage of Advising Week events on campus or virtually as you plan your schedule and register for courses. Reach out to the Student Services offices or Virtual Advisors with any questions you have as you are planning your courses.