The purpose of the Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship Program is to increase access to higher education and to develop student leadership potential for graduating high school seniors who will be attending a Virginia Community College for the first time in Fall 2017. One ($3,500) scholarship will be awarded for the fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters. The Student Financial Aid Committee will select the recipient in July. The recipient will be notified by August 2017. The following criteria will be used to award the scholarship:
- Commonwealth Legacy Scholars will be students attending Northern Virginia Community College for the first time in Fall 2017.
- Selections will be based on merit.
- Scholars will demonstrate academic excellence during high school.
- Scholars will demonstrate a willingness to promote community college education and the Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship Program.
- Scholars will demonstrate a willingness to mentor future scholars.
- Scholars will demonstrate a commitment to developing leadership potential.
- Students must be full-time, associate’s degree-seeking students with plans to graduate from Northern Virginia Community College.
- Scholars must agree to an interview with the selecting committee to be considered.
- If selected, recipients agree to participate in the annual Student Leadership program.
- Complete on-line application at: https://nvcc.academicworks.com/
- High School Transcript (upload to the on-line application)
- One letter of recommendation from high school faculty written on official school stationary- (see submission instructions in the on-line application).