Advising Week is offered every fall and spring at NOVA as a time for students to reflect upon their academic goals and career development in preparation for planning and evaluating their schedule for next semester.
Get the most out of Advising Week by following the steps below:
- Reflect on your academic and career goals. If you need more information about career options or would like to learn about a resource to help you build a career plan visit NOVA’s Career Services website.
- Review your Advisement Report. The report indicates requirements that have and have not been satisfied for a certificate/degree of interest. It also indicates courses that can be used to satisfy program requirements.
- Communicate with an advisor about your academic and career goals. If you are pursuing a certificate or degree check with your advisor to make sure you are pursuing a program of study that aligns with your goals. Also make certain the program of study listed on your advisement report is the program of study you are pursuing. It is a good idea to have a copy of your academic plan, advisement report, and/or career plan handy when communicating with an advisor.
- Put courses you plan to take in your shopping cart in NOVA Connect so you will have the specific information needed when it’s time to register. Priority registration begins today. Open registration begins on November 11.
- Participate in the Spring 2020 NOVA Online Advising Week lunchtime webinar series. See below for the webinar schedule. The webinars will begin at 12:15 pm EST and end at 12:45 pm.
- Getting Ready for Your Next Semester – Tuesday, November 5
- What Can I Do With a Program of Study In . . .? – Wed., November 6
- Support Services and Resources for Students – Thurs., November 7.
- Learn more and register at https://nvcceli.wufoo.com/forms/q17oo4ni0mszh1v/.
- Earn a chance to win a Rocketbook by participating in the Advising Week Spring 2020 discussion board in the NOVA Online Virtual Student Union during November 5 – November 10. For more information access the VSU, select “Discussions”, then select “Advising Week Spring 2020 Contest” from the list.
Throughout Advising Week the NOVA Online Student Blog will provide you with tools to plan effectively, resources to help guide your decisions, and answers to frequently asked questions. Programs to support you will also be offered across the College. Take advantage of Advising Week events online as well as on campus as you plan your schedule and prepare to register for courses.