Advising Week is offered every fall and spring at NOVA as a time for students to reflect upon their academic goals and career development in preparation for planning and evaluating their schedule for next semester.
Get the most out of Advising Week by following the steps below:
- Reflect on your academic and career goals. If you need more information about career options or would like to learn about a resource to help you build a career plan visit NOVA’s Career Services website
- Review your Advisement Report. The report indicates requirements that have and have not been satisfied for a certificate/degree of interest. It also indicates courses that can be used to satisfy program requirements.
- Communicate with an advisor about your academic and career goals. If you are pursuing a certificate or degree check with your advisor to make sure you are pursuing a program of study that aligns with your goals. Also make certain the program of study listed on your advisement report is the program of study you are pursuing. It is a good idea to have a copy of your academic plan, advisement report, and/or career plan handy when communicating with an advisor.
- Register for courses. Registration for summer is in progress. Registration for the Fall semester begins on April 27.
- Participate in programs being offered. Visit the Virtual Student Union and NOVA’s Events Calendar to learn more.