- Participate in any career development program/event being offered across the college. Recommended events – any webinar that is part of the NOVA Online NCDM Webinar Series 2019.
- Access the NOVA Online Virtual Student Union during November 6 – November 30.
- Select Discussions.
- Review the Discussion Board Rules located at the top of the discussion board main page.
- Select National Career Development Month 2019 Contest from the list.
- Click the Reply button and respond to the following:
- What was the name, date, and location of the program/event in which you participated?
- Why did you select this program/event?
- How does participating in this program/event support you with your career development and achieving a career/professional goal?
- Click the Post Reply button
Students also trying to win a Rocket Book may not post about the same program/event in the Advising Week Spring 2020 and National Career Development Month 2019 discussions.
While you are in the discussion board, although not required for the challenge, we encourage you to read and respond to someone’s post.
Throughout November, read the NOVA Online Student Blog for posts with information to support your career development, participate in career focused webinars, and follow NOVA Online on Twitter to receive daily inspirational quotes. Also take advantage of other programs/events offered across the college.