As advising week comes to an end, now is a good time to reflect on the week and the progress you are making towards achieving your academic and career goals. At the beginning of the week you were encouraged to do the following:
- Reflect on your academic and career goals.
- Review your Advisement Report.
- Communicate with an advisor about your academic and career goals.
- Put courses you plan to take in your shopping cart in NOVA Connect so you will have the specific information needed when it’s time to register.
- Participate in the NOVA Online Advising Week Spring 2020 lunchtime webinar series.
- Enter a post in the Advising Week Spring 2020 discussion board in the NOVA Online Virtual Student Union to earn a chance to win a Rocketbook.
How did the week go? Are you ready for your next semester or term? Remember, NOVA offers many services and resources to support you. Take a moment and review past blog posts to learn more.
As you move forward, below are some deadlines to keep in mind.
- In progress for current students.
- Opens on November 11 for new students.
- Registration ends at 11:59 pm on the day prior to a session start date.
- If you enroll through April 22 payment is due by 5 pm on April 23 or your classes may be dropped.
- If you enroll on April 23 or later payment is due by 5 pm the next business day after you enroll or your classes may be dropped.
Information about payment methods is available at https://www.nvcc.edu/payment/methods/index.html.
Do you need help with your academic or career planning? If you answered yes to this question, you may find it helpful to participate in one or all of the following webinars:
Getting Ready for Your Next Semester
- Wednesday, November 7, 2:00 pm – 2:45 pm
- Thursday, November 8, 7:00 pm – 7:45 pm
This 45 minute webinar for NOVA students will focus on answering key questions students have about preparing for their next semester. Topics covered will include program identification, course selection, college resources, schedule planning, and registration/payment tips.
Focus on Your Career Development
- Wednesday, November 7, 12:15 pm – 1:00- pm
This 45 minute webinar will introduce students to FOCUS 2 an online, interactive, self-guided career and education planning system. The system can help students select a program/major based on their interests and aspirations, discover occupations matching their personal preferences and attributes, map out their career plans – present and future, and make informed career decisions.
Exploring Career Options
- Thursday, November 8, 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 14, 12:15 pm – 1:00 pm
This 45 minute webinar will focus on using various online resources to research career options. The relationship between programs of study at NOVA, college majors, and career options will be discussed. Resources presented will provide information on nature of work, educational requirements, job outlook, and wages.
Registration is required for each webinar. Registration closes 15 minutes prior to the webinar start time. Learn more and register at http://eli.nvcc.edu/webinars.htm.
Are you in the process of selecting courses and planning your schedule for the summer term or fall semester? Do you have questions about what to take next? If you answered yes to either question, consider joining us this afternoon at 12:15 pm for a Getting Ready for your Next Semester webinar.
This 45 minute webinar for NOVA students will focus on answering key questions students have about preparing for their next semester. Topics covered will include program identification, course selection, college resources, schedule planning, and registration/payment tips. The webinar is free; however, registration is required. Learn more and register at https://nvcceli.wufoo.com/forms/q1v98s7j0o4822k/.