Welcome to the Extended Learning Institute (NOVA Online) at NOVA! NOVA Online is the online division at NOVA. All NOVA Online courses are housed in Blackboard. We have provided tips to get off to a great start and establish a routine early in the semester! Let us know if you have any questions.
- Log in to your My NOVA account using your VCCS username and password.
- Select “Blackboard Learn” from the My Tools Section.
- Find your courses in the “My Blackboard Courses” section and enter each course site.
- Read the course syllabus in detail. Make sure you are comfortable with the pace of the course.
- Get started on your first week’s assignments. You must complete the first assignment by the assigned deadline to avoid being administratively dropped from the course for non-participation.
- Establish a Routine! All online classes, regardless of session length, are based on the full 16-week course material; 12, 10, 8 and 6 week courses will move at an accelerated pace.
- Plan Ahead! All online classes require proctored exams or assignments. Plan ahead for your proctored exams so you don’t miss any deadlines. Check your course syllabus and review testing policies.
- Let NOVA Online staff know if you have any questions.
If you need assistance locating helpful study resources, getting started strategies, or any general NOVA Online questions contact the NOVA Online Student Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.323.3347.