Have you created a Google+ account through your student Gmail account? NOVA Online Student Life hosts several online events that you can participate in by having one. Check out the below instructions to see step by step instructions:
1) Log into your vssc email from the ‘My Nova’ (https://nvcc.my.vccs.edu/jsp/home.jsp) page on the colleges’ website.
2) After logging into your Gmail, you will then be logged into Google. On the top right of your screen you will see your first name and a + in front of it. Click there.
3) You will be taken to a new page (as seen below), scroll down and click the ‘continue’ button. A little pop up will appear and ask you if you are sure you don’t want to ‘follow’ anyone right now. Click ‘continue anyway’. You will receive the option again to add followers after your profile is created.
3) You will now be taken to page to fill out your personal profile. Feel free to add anything to describe you in these fields. Then hit finish.
Once you have completed your account, You can find us under the unsername NOVA Online to learn more about how you can get involved in our virtual events/activities!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to connecting with you soon!
Do you enjoy reading and looking for a place to share a common read with other NOVA Online students this summer?
Join our NOVA Online virtual Book and Cinema Club. This summer we will be reading/viewing Divergent by Veronica Roth
You are probably asking yourself, how does this work?
This group provides an opportunity for students to connect virtually while discussing book/movie topics. This is done in a few ways:
1) Contribute to our discussion forum through our NOVA Online Google Community page
2) Participate on our virtual book chats via Google Hangouts
3) View a live screening of the movie from your home computer
The Summer Book and Cinema Club will run from June 9th-August 8th For more information on this event, feel free to contact NOVA Online Student Life at email@example.com
Register here: https://elistulife1.wufoo.com/forms/eli-summer-book-and-cinema-club/
EOP’s STEM diversity career expo is a local career fair for anyone looking for a job in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)! The STEM diversity career expo gives you the chance to meet with Fortune 500 companies and government agencies looking to recruit diverse talent. More information about the expo can be found in the flyer below.
NOVA’s Commencement Ceremony – Spring Semester 2014
Sunday, May 18 at the Patriot Center at George Mason University.
1 p.m.: Graduates line up for the procession in Parking Lot A on the south side of the Patriot Center. In case of rain, graduates will meet in the Patriot Center’s lower level entrance.
2 p.m.: Ceremony begins.
Congratulations to everyone graduating this weekend! Let us about your post-graduation plans!
Looking to develop your personal leadership skills? Participate in our Lessons in Leadership webinar series this spring semester! Our next webinar will be Wednesday, April 2nd from 7-8 pm!
This month’s leadership webinar topic will be presented by NOVA Instructor, Stacey L. Young featuring his presentation “Belief: A Powerful Component of Success”.
This session will cover the important topic of “belief”, along with the reasons that “belief” is a powerful component of success.
Some of the themes he will cover include:
Why is belief important?
What are the components of belief?
What are the impacts of not having belief (in one’s capabilities)?
Ways to move past doubts, fears, and worries toward actionable goals
Ways to use belief to one’s advantage