As finals and projects are approaching, take some time to de-stress, re-focus on your courses, and prepare for your exams. Take breaks, stay focused and manage your stress!
From finding time to do assignments between jobs to managing a family and a full-time course load; students juggle multiple responsibilities on a daily basis. Handling the demands of school while balancing the responsibilities of work and personal life can be overwhelming and there is a serious need for students to be equipped to handle the stress that comes along with managing so many things at once. But, fear not because StudentLingo provides a Stress Management Techniques Workshop to help you manage your stress and finish your semester successfully. If you haven’t already, register for an account with your student email (@email.vccs.edu).
You can also access a number of stress-taming tools for your toolbox through the Stress Management Online Workshop! Student Lingo offers NOVA students free online workshops that address a wide variety of topics; providing students with information, strategies, and resources to overcome barriers to academic success, and reach their personal, academic, and professional goals.
What is highlighted?
In this workshop you will learn the following information:
- How to identify and evaluate your unique warning signs and reactions to stressors.
- Assess your stress triggers and identify the sources of stress in your life.
- How stress affects your physical health, mental clarity, academic performance, etc.
- How your mind and body process and internalizes stress.
- New stress management strategies to practice and integrate in your daily life to deal with stress in a healthy way!
Once you finish reviewing the workshop, keep your momentum for change by incorporating what you have learned right away. Take action to make what you’ve learned meaningful by applying it when stress arises. Assess the triggers in your life, the sources of stress as it relates to school, your professional life, and your personal life and ask yourself the following questions to actively combat their impact on your life:
- How do I react when theses triggers come up?
- Is my reaction to these stressors healthy?
- What can I do to minimize the effect that these stressors have on me?
- Which stress management techniques that I learned from this workshop do I plan on using?
- How can they to help manage my reaction to these specific triggers?
Like this post? You may also find the Motivational Minute: Many Faces of Stress blog post useful for more stress management tips and information!
Article provided by the NOVA Online Success Coaches. Contact your Success Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org.