The semester is wrapping up and grades will be posting soon. If you are in need of an official transcript, verify your final grades have posted to your student record before finalizing your request. When your grades have posted, you can request an official transcript. Have the address where you would like the transcript sent on hand as it will be required when you are completing the request.
Transcripts are available at no cost to students and requests are processed every 24 hours.
Things to remember about transcripts:
- Official transcripts are released only after you have completed at least one course at NOVA.
- If you have any monetary holds on your record, no transcript will be mailed. Check your unofficial transcript and holds online through the Student Center in NOVAConnect.
- All transcripts are official, and those addressed to students are stamped ISSUED TO STUDENT and sealed in an envelope. DO NOT OPEN YOUR TRANSCRIPT if you plan to send the transcript to a college or organization. An opened transcript will be considered unofficial by most colleges and organizations.
- If you submitted unofficial transcripts to have a prerequisite waived, those transcripts were not retained. If you would like an official transcript evaluation to see if you have credits that can be applied to your record at NOVA you will need to complete an electronic Official Transcript Evaluation request.
- You may consider requesting an official transcript to keep unopened for your own records.
If you have questions about the status of an official transcript request, please contact NOVA’s Central Records Office at email@example.com. Please send the email from your NOVA student email and your student identification number.
-Laura, NOVA Online Student Success Coach