NBCUniversal/LNESC National Scholarship
Deadline: August 1, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc. (LNESC) invites qualified rising college juniors and seniors to apply to the NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship. The program is intended to assist and encourage outstanding Latino students with an interest in the media and entertainment industry to pursue a bachelor’s degree at a U.S. post-secondary institution. The NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship Program is sponsored by NBCUniversal and administered by the LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC).
The NBCUniversal/LNESC Scholarship Program will award ten (10) $5,000 national scholarships to qualified rising sophomores and juniors. Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university; be at least 18 years of age or older; have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale; be a U. S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident; and have an interest in the media and entertainment industry. All majors are welcome.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Must be a rising sophomore or junior enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
- Must be a U. S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.
- Must have an interest in the media and entertainment industry.
Applicants must submit the following by the deadline of August 1, 2016:
- Completed online application
- College transcript with proof of cumulative grade point average
- Three letters of recommendation, including a complete telephone number and email address for each reference
For more information, please click here.
The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) is the nation’s largest and oldest civil rights volunteer-based organization that empowers Hispanic Americans and builds strong Latino communities. Headquartered in Washington, DC, with 1000 councils around the United States and Puerto Rico, LULAC’s programs, services and advocacy address the most important issues for Latinos, meeting critical needs of today and the future. For more information, visit www.LULAC.org.