The key to Pathway’s success is its student-centered model, which builds an ongoing relationship between students and their counselors, faculty members and peers across educational institutions to sustain students throughout their college experience. Critical support is offered to participating students each step along the way:
The Transition Team is responsible for STEP 1 of the process.
STEP 1: Preparing for Success in College
- One-on-one meetings with a Pathway Counselor at participating high schools to develop an individualized plan for college transition
- Regular workshops on key transition issues, including college placement testing and financial planning
- Personalized assistance with applying for financial aid and scholarships
- Early placement testing, academic advising and priority registration at participating high schools
- Comprehensive summer orientation programs