Thank you for your interest in tutoring! We are always accepting applications for tutor positions, though most of the hiring is completed prior to the start of the fall and spring semesters (so May-July and October-early December is ideal for applying for the following semester).
To become a tutor for the Woodbridge PIER Tutoring Center, you must meet all of the following requirements and turn in the following documents:
- Be a current student at NVCC enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Have earned an A or B in all courses you wish to tutor
- Work well in groups with a diverse population
- Provide an informal professor recommendation
- Provide a copy of their unofficial transcripts
- Applicants applying to become writing tutors must provide a writing sample
If you would like to apply to become a tutor, please fill out our Tutor Application and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or stop by WC 328 and pick up/drop off an application.