Contact Me

Academic Year (August 16 through May 15)

During the academic year, August 16 through May 15, I am available Monday through Friday. I usually try to respond to messages within 24 hours, although sometimes it can take up to 48 hours.  I don’t usually respond to email on the weekend.

The best way to contact me is via email. Below you can find my email address, as well as a several other options.

Email

• sferrara@nvcc.edu

Phone/Text

• Loudoun Campus (office): 703-948-7711
  • Alternative number (mobile): 571293-0809
  • Calls to either number with specific issues and questions: Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm Eastern Time. Try me anytime, but if I don’t respond, email me to set up a mutually agreeable time.
  • Text messages to mobile number anytime; please begin your message with your name so I’ll know who the message is from.  Response time is usually pretty quick, but may take up to 24 hours.  Texts sent on weekends may not receive responses until the following business day.

Loudoun Campus Office Location

• My office is in LR 277. (If you don’t know where that is, here’s a campus map to help you find the LR building.)

Zoom Conferences 

To schedule a Zoom conversation with me, please email, text, or call me with dates/times that would be convenient for you.

Evenings & Weekends

Please note that I do not generally check email after 4:30pm Monday through Friday, and I don’t usually work on Saturdays and Sundays.  If you email or call me after 4:30pm or on the weekend,  you will have to wait until the next business day for a response.

Summer (May 16 through August 15)

• I am not available in the summer. I will be available again after August 15.
  • If you need advising help, take advantage of NOVA’s virtual advising service, which offers both email and livechat options (during certain specified hours. Check it out!

Last update: Aug 9, 2023