WHAT: The George Mason University (GMU) Transfer Fair
WHEN: Wednesday, 10/3 11:30 a.m.-12:45 noon
WHERE: NOVA Loudoun
WHO: Open to All Students
Information Presentation in LW 116
12:45 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Academic Browsing Fair In LW Lobby
Meet Department Representatives
Social Sciences Engineering; Computer Science College of Visual/Performing Arts (Art, Music, Dance, and More) Science (Biology, and more) Smithsonian Conservation Studies Education (Elementary, Secondary, Special Education)
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SPATIAL ANALYST II
Dept of Transportation
Job # 12-1316
$55,814 to $74,419 (Grade S25)
The Geology Department is offering a 1 credit hour class on October 20 (October 21 rain date) from 9am until 6pm touring “over 20 national Mall sites, considering the geologic history of the DC region, and the rocks used to construct the federal buildings and monuments located there.” You can access information about this class through NOVA’s website. You can also ask the instructor, Dr. Rasmussen, questions via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (703) 323-2139. Class space is limited.
ASPRS 2012 GeoTech Conference: Human Geography is Human Terrain
October 25-26, Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks
Please click on link for more information: http://www.asprspotomac.org/geotech2012/index.html
There is still time to enter the North American Cartographic Information Society (NACIS) 2012 Student Poster Competition and the 2012 Student Dynamic Map Competition. To register, visit nacis.org
- Deadline is September 14th, 2012
- The work must have been completed during the 2011-12 academic year. You do not need to be a student presently, but you must have been a student in an undergraduate, graduate, or certificate program in North America when you completed the work.
- To ease space restrictions, please keep posters under 36″ x 48″
- Attendance at the meeting is not required, but is strongly encouraged. You are responsible for ensuring your poster is at the meeting on time.
- Meeting attendees will vote on the entrants. The winner will receive a prize of $500. A runner-up will receive an honorable mention award. Other non-cash awards may be given out at the discretion of the Student Poster Competition Chair.
- Please contact Daniel Huffman (email@example.com) with any questions.