Positions in Washington, DC area
HumanGeo is looking for self-motivated, high-performing software engineers with a Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or similar background to represent HumanGeo at customer sites building innovative web applications and unique analytics. Your projects will include creating rapid prototypes and proof of concepts to demonstrate new capabilities, developing and integrating enhancements to enterprise analytic software, and tailoring solutions to our clients’ needs. Your projects will implement complex, cutting-edge Big Data systems with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of data to turn information into insights. You will be a part of a dynamic development team and have responsibilities in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
Skills and Qualifications
Applicants must have a BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or a related field (MS is a plus).
Applicants must have a minimum of one year of software engineering experience, and must be proficient or have significant experience in the following areas:
- Strong object-oriented programming skills, preferably in Java
- Working in UNIX/Linux environments
- Programming with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, etc)
- Working with SQL databases (e.g. Oracle, Postgres) and large-scale data integration
- Strong knowledge of programming structures and algorithms
- Agile development methodologies
- All portions of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Sr. Recruiter for HumanGeo