Gro Intelligence is an agricultural supercomputing platform. We gather, aggregate and process data using proprietary algorithms and in-depth analysis to unlock crucial insights into weather patterns, trade flows, pricing dynamics and production. We provide our clients actionable agricultural data and analysis to drive higher productivity and greater access to capital.
Gro Intelligence is at an exciting time of hyper-growth with US headquarters in New York City and international headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Our global team is diverse, hardworking, ambitious—and growing!
We’re looking for an outstanding, collaborative, detail-oriented self-starter to join us as a Geospatial/GIS analyst. The candidate, who will work both independently and under the guidance of another Geospatial Analyst, must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The candidate must also have the ability to communicate GIS concepts clearly to non-GIS users.
Interested candidates can send resumes to email@example.com
We are hiring a Geospatial/GIS Analyst to join the Gro Intelligence US headquarters in New York City to:
• Research and test the accuracy and quality of new geospatial data sources for inclusion in an agricultural monitoring web platform and ad hoc geospatial analysis products;
• Produce high quality maps using various mapping tools;
• Conduct geospatial analysis (raster and vector) in support of agricultural monitoring;
• Create and update metadata;
• Translate analysis results to reports, slides and developer workflows;
• Follow and establish new workflows based on data, analysis, developer and end-user requirements;
• Become/remain active in the GIS community to stay up-to-day with the latest tools and technologies.
• Masters Degree in Geography, GIS, Environmental/Natural Sciences or related field AND 1 year GIS experience OR
• Bachelor Degree in Geography, GIS, Environmental/Natural Sciences or related field AND 2 to 4 years GIS experience
Technical Skills and Experience
• ESRI ArcGIS Suite (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox), ArcInfo/Advanced Level License (10.0, 10.1, 10.2), Spatial Analyst Extension, Editor, ModelBuilder.
• Metadata creation, data management of geodatabases
• Basic cartography
• Familiarity with MODIS, Landsat, other satellite imagery products
• Experience pre-processing and classifying satellite imagery
• Knowledge of LULC data and classifications
• Experience with NDVI, weather, soils data
• Knowledge of FGDC/OGC standards
• Spatial Statistics
• USGS EarthExplorer
• GDAL knowledge a plus
• Python knowledge a plus
• Ability to research and develop datasets and identify use cases
• Comfortable working with large volumes of data