STEM Camps a Success!

We put on 10 different types of STEM camps in 55 different sessions at 13 locations serving 869 students this summer, inspiring young minds through hands-on engagement in STEM. A few quotes about the camps from parents:

“My daughter said it was the best camp she’s ever been to, and she’s been to so many, that’s truly stunning”

“It was a great experience for my child. I am considering doing more of the camps next summer”

“She loved it! Definitely would recommend it for any student who is interested.”

“Robotics seemed to excite my son to learn about college. I appreciated seeing younger counsellors given leadership roles.”

“My son really enjoyed himself and loved the competition on the last day”

“My child raved about the projects during the camp.”

“Very good value.”

“Instructors were nice and knowledgeable”

“The staff was nice, and the staff taught my kid to code a virtual robot, and build a website on Raspberry pi.”

“My child enjoyed learning how to design, use new software and technology, and seeing the final project.”

“Arduino was excellent. She’s purchased her own and is working on her own projects. Great experience.”

“My child’s favorite thing about the camp was what he learned, and the ability to be able to protect me and my families’ phones and computers.”

“She enjoyed the hands-on activities and the small group setting.”

Our core offering of camps:

Coding – Grade 3-5

STEM Elementary – Grade 4-5

Robotics – VEX IQ – Grade 4-8

STEM Middle School – Grade 6-8

Robotics – VEX 1 – Grade 6-10

Arduino – Grade 7-10

Robotics – VEX 2 – Grade 7-10

Rocketry – Grade 7-12

STEM High School – Grade 9-12

Cybersecurity – Grade 9-12

Be on the lookout to sign up your kids for STEM Camp 20 when registration becomes available in January 2020 at www.nvcc.edu/systemic

Thank you Sponsors!

Our STEM Camps engage a lot of students, but we couldn’t do that without our stellar sponsors and equipping educators! For a successful and intrepid summer of STEM camps and for inspiring young minds, massive thanks to: Micron, Verizon Media, Amtek, Aerojet Rocketdyne, SPARK Education Foundation, Cintas, Fairfax County Public Schools, Alexandria City Public Schools, Falls Church City Public Schools, and Arlington Public Schools.