David Keith took hundreds of stunning professional photos at the Robotics State Championship on Feb 16-17. Download free low-res shots and purchase hi-res shots here. Password is vex18. www.davidkeithphoto.com
Registration for our summer STEM Camps is now live! Go to camp.novastem.us/enroll to register.
A few STEM Camp 18 details:
- 1-week camps are still only $315
- Camps will be offered in a variety of locations in Fairfax, Loudoun & Prince William counties and Alexandria
- Camps run from 9am to 4pm
- There are discounts available for signing up for multiple camps and/or signing up multiple children
STEM Camp 18 offerings include:
- Coding ES (3rd-5th Grade)
- STEM ES (4th-5th Grade)
- VEX IQ Robotics ES (4th-5th Grade)
- VEX IQ Challenge (4th-8th Grade)
- VEX IQ Robotics MS (6th-8th Grade)
- STEM MS (6th-8th Grade)
- Arduino (6th-10th Grade)
- VEX 1 Robotics (6th-12th Grade)
- VEX 2 Robotics (7th-12th Grade)
- Rocketry (7th-12th Grade)
- Cybersecurity 1 (9th-12th Grade)
- Cybersecurity 2 (9th-12th Grade)
- Pre-Health (9th-12th Grade)
We will be continuing our popular STEMinars in early 2018. To be notified as soon as registration is live, fill out our STEMinars Interest Form
High School (11th & 12th grade) and college STEM students can take affordable courses during the school year that equip them with important skills for a STEM career. Courses offered in 2018 include Cybersecurity, Coding, Math, CAD/3D-Printing and more!
Students (3rd-10th grade) who want to get ahead on a STEM pathway can take our CAD/3D Printing, Coding, Raspberry Pi Arduino and Robotics courses during the school year. Junior STEMinars are educational, equipping, affordable and fun!
Registration for our summer STEM Camps will commence in January. If you would like to be notified early and get ahead of the crowd for registration for our 2018 summer STEM camps, please fill out this Interest Form and we will send you an alert just as soon as registration is live!
STEM day provides a showcase of opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Designed for students of all ages, the NOVA STEM day features hands-on exhibits, workshops, food, fun, and learning! The event is FREE, open to the public and runs from 10am to 4pm.
See the event website for registration, FAQ’s, and photos from past STEM Day events!
As always, we have numerous sponsorship opportunities and we need your help! For sponsorship information please contact Liz Coffey at email@example.com or call (540) 305-7758
NOVA STEM Day Location:
Northern Virginia Community College – Loudoun Campus
21200 Campus Drive
Sterling, VA 20164
Our STEMinars are back!
STEMinars are engaging STEM workshops for High School and College Students.
Sign up for CAD/3D Printing and/or Coding STEMinars that will be held at the NOVA Loudoun Campus (Templin Higher Education Center) on Saturday May 13th. You can register here for one or both STEMinars.
STEMinars are $25 each. You can sign up for both for only $40, plus a free lunch. You will receive a completion certificate at the end of the session.
Click here for a one-page flyer for this event.
The CAD/3D Printing STEMinar (9am – 12pm) will focus on the following:
- Students will be introduced to Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Students will start with a basic CAD file and modify it to be personalized
- Students will be able to print a basic prototype or 3D model
The Coding STEMinar (1pm – 4pm) will introduce students how to utilize an Arduino Uno:
- Students will learn how to use an Arduino to complete a project.
- Basic electronics and circuitry will be introduced.
- Coding or creating sketches will be introduced.
NOVA Loudoun Campus address:
21200 Campus Drive
Temple Higher Education Center
Sterling, VA 20164
We have excellent paid internship and camp instructor opportunities for students residing in northern Virginia this summer. Don’t miss a great chance to get a head start on STEM career!
Interns will help develop STEM Curriculum, aid with outreach and EXPOs and prepare for Robotics Competitions.
Camp Instructors will work with students age 8-18 at our STEM Camps, instruct STEM Camp Curriculum & teach one or more STEM camps.
Check out and share our STEM Intern flyer
Camp info and registration here