Ok so it’s the beginning of the new semester. Again, these people from IS&D are sending out notifications that there are free workshops available, but your response is “so what.” Here are some reasons to attend the IS&D student workshops:
- They are FREE!!!
- Seriously, it’s free so what do you have to lose? You don’t have the “it costs too much” excuse anymore.
- You just might learn something.
- There are STILL things that I don’t know about tech. I’m not omniscient (shocking, I know)! So how do I remedy that? I go to trainings. It’s a good thing for you to try as well.
- The IS&D team is fun.
- Really, this isn’t like the classes you are taking in core subjects. We know these are extra workshops that are designed to help you get through your core classes. So, we’re fun about it. We aren’t going to yell at you (generally) and we are willing to work with you and your schedule.
- These are skills you can use here and after you graduate.
- We aren’t teaching you useless things here. What you can use in your classes, you can use after your classes. Check out what employers are looking for and you’ll realize that we have the ability to help you get there with tech!