Now you knew that time was coming up again and here it is! For the first set of IS&D Workshops of 2015 just click here: http://goo.gl/forms/rcvU8uqc8B
Ok so it’s the beginning of the new semester. Again, these people from IS&D are sending out notifications that there are free workshops available, but your response is “so what.” Here are some reasons to attend the IS&D student workshops:
- They are FREE!!!
- Seriously, it’s free so what do you have to lose? You don’t have the “it costs too much” excuse anymore.
- You just might learn something.
- There are STILL things that I don’t know about tech. I’m not omniscient (shocking, I know)! So how do I remedy that? I go to trainings. It’s a good thing for you to try as well.
- The IS&D team is fun.
- Really, this isn’t like the classes you are taking in core subjects. We know these are extra workshops that are designed to help you get through your core classes. So, we’re fun about it. We aren’t going to yell at you (generally) and we are willing to work with you and your schedule.
- These are skills you can use here and after you graduate.
- We aren’t teaching you useless things here. What you can use in your classes, you can use after your classes. Check out what employers are looking for and you’ll realize that we have the ability to help you get there with tech!
I know we’ve said this a couple times, but as the beginning of the school year draws nearer it bears repeating. There are SIX (6) POLICY CHANGES this semester! That’s right 6 of them! You need to review them and make sure you are in compliance.
Alright everyone, here are our offerings for April! Please check it out!
So, the new workshop schedule has been posted for you to peruse and sign up for the classes you want to take. BUT THAT’S NOT ALL!!!!! We have even ADDED classes! Check out our new Photoshop and Dreamweaver classes and take advantage of our I and II level Microsoft Office classes!
Check out what we’ll be offering by clicking on the “Workshops” link above.
Questions? Drop us a line at AL_IS&D@nvcc.edu or come on by our office in Bisdorf 337 on the Alexandria Campus.
Here’s what I mean about basing our workshops on STUDENT NEED…
Some students expressed dismay at the fact that we had only offered a single level class for many of the Microsoft products. So, we have changed that. IS&D is now offering a level one and a level two class of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access. We’ve also added two new workshops on Photoshop and Dreamweaver!
SEE? YOU SPEAK AND WE LISTEN!
Hey NOVA! The new Instructional Support and Development team is here to help. We are located in Bisdorf in Room AA337 if you have any tech questions. Having trouble with Blackboard? Come see us. Issues with Word? Let us help. But don’t worry, we’re going to hold workshops to help you too. We will be posting a calendar of events SOON!