A path is often defined by the obstacles that either surround it or are a part of it. Often the more we know about a particular path, the more likely we are to choose that path or find another. Those that have walked a potential path before us, supply us with the first hand information we need to make an informed decision on which path to choose.
Annie Birge has walked several paths here at NOVA. One of the paths was NOVA’s Pathway To The Baccalaureate program, where 86% of the students who have participated, have transitioned from high school directly into post-secondary education.
“Pathway [to the Baccalaureate] took me immediately into their arms and I instantly reaped the benefit of the individualized, compassionate, and straight-forward support that the programs allows its participants.”
Check out the full blog post here.
I know we’ve said this a couple times, but as the beginning of the school year draws nearer it bears repeating. There are SIX (6) POLICY CHANGES this semester! That’s right 6 of them! You need to review them and make sure you are in compliance.
In our continuing commitment to the highest level of campus safety, NOVA has launched a new mobile safety app called LiveSafe. The LiveSafe app will improve communication between students, faculty, staff and NOVA Police, and will facilitate emergency response in critical situations. Our goal is to work with you to help build a safer campus.
The LiveSafe app allows you to:
- Report tips to or request emergency services anonymously from NOVA Police.
- Send your location to NOVA Police.
- Let friends or family monitor your movements, so you never have to walk alone.
- Share your concerns and suggestions with NOVA Police.
- Have critical safety information at your fingertips.
Getting the app is fast, easy and FREE!
- Visit the iTunes or Google Play Store and download the LiveSafe app (blue shield icon).
- Choose NOVA from the list of schools.
- Fill in your name and contact info, so we can reach you in the event of an emergency.
If you have any questions about LiveSafe, check out www.LiveSafeMobile.com or call NOVA Dispatch at 703.764.5000.