Some general reminders:
- Fill out the application online at your transfer college or university’s admissions website.
- Request to have transcripts from ALL colleges or universities you have attended to the schools you are applying to. In addition, if you have AP, IB, CLEP, Military or international transcripts they should be sent too. You can request transcripts from NOVA by going to this site: https://www.nvcc.edu/transcripts/
- Some schools may require additional information such as high school transcripts, or SAT/ACT scores. Others may require a College Report Form or Enrollment Verification, please follow the instructions here on how to complete the form. Check their admissions websites to verify which documents you need.
- Plan in advance! Many applications require letters of recommendation and personal essays. You need to plan accordingly. If either of these items are optional, we recommend you complete them, as it may help to show commitment to your education and provides admissions representatives additional information about you they may not get from reviewing your transcript.
- Check your online application account frequently to ensure the school is not requesting any additional information to make an admission decision.
- If you are having issues with the application, contact the admissions office of the school you are applying to for assistance. Here are Common Application Directions which many schools use.
GMU Transfer Application Directions Transfer Tips video here
James Madison University Transfer Tips video here
Old Dominion University Transfer Tips video here
University of Virginia Transfer Tips video here
Virginia Commonwealth University Transfer Tips video here
Virginia Tech Transfer Tips video here