Grading Scale: A: 90% or above; B: 80 – 89%; C: 70-79%; D: 60- 69%
Course Grade The course grade is comprised of Laboratory (20%), Online Quizzes (20%), Exams (60%).
Lab Grade 20%
- All labs and assignments are 5 pts each.
- Late/missed policy:
- Late for lab penalty: 2 pts.
- Late assignments/reports penalty: 1 pts. No late assignments are accepted if they are overdue by more than one week!
- One lab will be dropped.
- Students must adhere to the lab policies or else they will be required to leave the physics lab room.
- It is the responsibility of the students to check with the schedule of classes and to know which labs require protective goggles.
Online Quizzes 20%
- There will be weekly on-line quizzes posted in GoogleClassroom. Grading is on Pass/Fail basis. Students need 60% or more on all online quizzes to receive a Pass grade towards their overall course grade.
- No late quizzes will be accepted.
- It is the student’s responsibility to know when each quiz is due.
- There will be five exams each worth 40 points.
- The final exam (80 pts) consists of two parts, each 40 pts.
- The lowest exam grade is dropped. Note, students may elect to drop one of the final exam parts, but not both.
- The instructor will provide phy231_formulae Students may print it out at home in advance, and bring it to class. No other formula sheets will be allowed.
- During an exam, students may bring only a pen/pencil and an approved calculator.
- Absolutely no electronic devices except approved calculators with a blank memory are allowed during an exam. Check with the instructor for a list of approved calculators.
- No late or make-up exams will be given. For students who know in advance that they will not be able to take an exam at the scheduled time, an arrangement may be made for that exam to be taken at an EARLIER time.