Grading Scale: A: 90% or above; B: 80 – 89%; C: 70-79%; D: 60- 69%
Course Grade The course grade is comprised of Laboratory (20%), Online Quizzes (20%), Exams (60%).
Lab Grade 20%
- All labs and assignments are 5 pts each.
- Late/missed policy:
- Late for lab penalty: 2 pts.
- Late assignments/reports penalty: 1 pts. No late assignments are accepted if they are overdue by more than one week!
- One lab will be dropped.
- Students must adhere to the lab policies or else they will be required to leave the physics lab room.
- It is the responsibility of the students to check with the schedule of classes and to know which labs require protective goggles.
Online Quizzes 20%
- There will be weekly on-line quizzes posted on Blackboard. The grading is based on Pass/Fail basis. Any student who has 60% or higher grade on the homework, receives full credit for the homework.
- No late quizzes will be accepted. The most current quiz deadlines will always be posted on Blackboard.
- It is the student’s responsibility
to know when each quiz is due.
- There will be four tests and a final exam.
- The lowest test grade is dropped (the final exam cannot be dropped)
- The instructor will provide Formula Sheet. Students may print it out at home in advance, and bring it to class. No other formula sheets will be allowed.
- During an exam, students may bring only a pen/pencil and an approved calculator.
- Absolutely no electronic devices except approved calculators with blank memory, are allowed during an exam. Check with your instructor for a list of approved calculators.
- No late or make-up exams will be given. For students who know in advance that they will not be able to take an exam at the scheduled time, an arrangement may be made for that exam to be taken at EARLIER time.