From yesterday, faculty found ACC 211 title image showed on their own courses, the course syllabus has been replaced by ACC 211 course syllabus, and some columns have been added into gradebooks. It turned out that ACC 211 course content was copied into all courses by an error in the system. Canvas engineers have been working hard to fix the issue. This morning the update has been sent out by IT Help Desk.
The first issue:
1. The ACC 211 content has been deleted by the engineers but so as some of your course content. You need to bring them back if you find they’re still missing. Here’s how:
a. Once you get into your course, you will see the browser URL with your course ID number in. And just manually type “/undelete” following the number like below. You should be able to see a list of Restore Deleted Items.
b. Search through for everything you need to restore. Click the restore button at the right side. It should bring your deleted course content back.
The second issue:
2. ACC 211 title image is still displayed on your course from dashboard view. The following example is ESL course, but ACC 211 course title image shows.
a. You need to manually remove ACC 211 course title image by going to your course, and click Settings from the course menu. It locates at the last one in the list of course menu.
b. Click it, the settings page is loaded. Under Course Details tab, the first thing is Images. Click three vertical dots on the right top corner, you can Choose image to make a change. Make sure you scroll down to the end of the page to save it by click “ Update Course Details” button.
The third issue:
The course navigation menu items have been rearranged, hidden or disabled or that there are new menu items enabled.
1. Go to Settings which is locates at the end of course menu list.
2. Change to Navigation tab, you should see two boxes. The first one contains items that students could view (except for Attendance); the second one contains course menu you don’t need to show your students. We encourage faculty only show the necessary menu items to students so they don’t feel overwhelmed. Tips: Since everything you can add into the module, you can hide Assignments, Files, Pages, Quizzes and Discussions here.
3. You can drag and drop the menu items between the two boxes. Also you can use three vertical dots to Enable or Disable the item for moving them. See images below
4. Remember to click “Save” button at the end of the page to save your changes.
Hope this helps.