Northern Virginia Community College’s Workforce Development Division will host a one day seminar on Friday, May 20, 2016 from 8:30am–4:30pm titled: A Winning Perspective for Government PMs and Contractors RFP Development & Practical Interpretation
The world of federal contracts can be complex and confusing for Project Managers on both the government side and for the contractors.
- Government PM’s are often left wondering how to I translate my requirements for goods and services to the best acquisition strategy and how much should I expect to spend?
- For the contractor trying to decipher the RFP you are left to figure out if you should respond to government’s RFPs if you are awarded can it be performed with a profit for your company?
These considerations and many more will be the focus of this one day, pragmatic seminar on RFP “development” and “practical interpretation,” taught by a Certified Federal Contracts Manager and former Program Manager.
Participants will explore the full range of factors that drive business success in government related ventures. Information includes legal, program management and competitive marketing issues. At the completion of the program, participants will have a deeper ability to view bidding opportunities and risks from the perspective of general contractor and the government, from incumbent as well as new entrant to the process. Through lecture, discussion, and case study exploration, material covers:
Contract Structures, Methods, Strategy, and Cost/Pricing (both for the proposal and for the Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) as well as developing trends and regulations that can make or break the success of your efforts.
Through lecture, discussion, and case study exploration, material covers:
- Fundamentals of Estimating Cost and Price– PMBOK 7.1 and 7.2
- Procurement Planning– PMBOK 12.1 and 12.1
- Common Pitfalls that lead to failure
- Risk Management in Procurement- PMBOK 11.
For more information call:703-450-2551 or email Veronica Ortiz -email@example.com
You can also Register at our website https://nvcc.augusoft.net/index.cfm?method=ClassInfo.ClassInformation&int_class_id=3745&int_category_id=1&int_sub_category_id=8&int_catalog_id=0