Student Spotlight: Eloisa Bambosa

What is your occupation? What are some of your responsibilities?
I’m a tech at Sentara Hospital. My responsibilities include taking vital signs, performing ECG, collecting species, drawing blood and documenting in EMR. I also communicate with patients,
families and team members on a constant basis.

How has/have your credential(s) helped you in your career?
Improving my credentials definitely helped me to get this job. Aside from the clinical training, I learned how to prepare for an interview in this field. This was a huge advantage because I not only received the skills to do the job, I had the tools I needed to excel in an interview.

What advice do you have for those interested in entering your field?
I would say that earning a credential in your field is very important and an excellent way to enhance your career. I would advise them to choose Northern Virginia Community College as one of the best places to go.

Where do you see yourself in your career in five years? Ten?
My goal is to continue studying and get my RN license in 5 years. I then plan to get my bachelors in Nursing and in 10 years or less become a nurse educator.