Healthcare is one of the fastest growing career fields in Northern Virginia. The Workforce Development Division is doing its part in training workers to meet this growing demand. The Workforce Development Division on Friday August 16 hosted its 2nd Practical Nursing Pinning Ceremony. This intense one year program graduated 14 new nurses, which are all eager to start making a difference in the lives of their patients. The LPN program has received positive reviews from students thanks to the quality instruction and personal attention received from dedicated faculty and staff. According to Ju-Yeon Hwang, LPN Program Director, “80% of the 2012 LPN graduates are currently working in the health care field with the other 20% of the 2012 LPN graduates in RN school.” Ju Yeon anticipates similar numbers for the 2013 LPN program graduates. The Workforce Development Division is even more excited about the incoming LPN class as its larger size reflects the growing reputation of this new program.
Are you interested in training for a new career or a promotion?
Would a certification or degree advance your career?
Plan to attend NOVA’s Career Training Open House, where you can learn about dozens of affordable career training programs from NOVA and our community partners. In one place, you can get information about:
- Numerous STEM related degrees and certificates
- Job training programs through NOVA’s CBO Initiative & other NOVA partners
- Sessions on Financial Aid and Individual Training Account tuition funding
- Counseling services customized for adult students
- Flexible weekend, evening, and online courses
- Assistance for job seekers
- Services for unemployed Virginians
Attend either of the Open House events listed below:
NOVA– Manassas Campus
Innovation Park, MIP 133 &134
Saturday, March 9, 10am to Noon
NOVA– Annandale Campus
Ernst Center, Forum Room
Thursday, March 14, 6pm to 8pm
Free Parking in B lots and garage
- or by e-mailing email@example.com
- or calling 703-425-5245
- E-mailing or leaving a voicemail? Please provide; full name, email address, phone number, and the date of event you wish to attend