Tag Archives: nursing training

Workforce Development Division Offers Certified Nurse Aid Program

Back by popular demand, the Certified Nurse Aid (CNA) program is returning to the Medical Education Campus. Classes will begin September 8, 2014. Registration will open on August 4, 2014. For information about this program and to enroll, please visit our website http://www.nvcc.edu/wdce/mec/ and click on “Certified Nurse Aide CNA Program.”

LPN Program Has 2nd Pinning Ceremony



Healthcare is one of the fastest growing career fields in Northern Virginia.  The Workforce Development Division is doing its part in training workers to meet this growing demand.  The Workforce Development Division on Friday August 16 hosted its 2nd Practical Nursing Pinning Ceremony.  This intense one year program graduated 14 new nurses, which are all eager to start making a difference in the lives of their patients.  The LPN program has received positive reviews from students thanks to the quality instruction and personal attention received from dedicated faculty and staff.  According to Ju-Yeon Hwang, LPN Program Director, “80% of the 2012 LPN graduates are currently working in the health care field with the other 20% of the 2012 LPN graduates in RN school.”  Ju Yeon anticipates similar numbers for the 2013 LPN program graduates. The Workforce Development Division is even more excited about the incoming LPN class as its larger size reflects the growing reputation of this new program.

Practical Nursing Program (LPN)

NOVA’s Workforce Development Division is offering the Practical Nursing Program (LPN).  The practical nursing program is a 12 month program leading to a certificate in practical nursing. This program will provide you with an opportunity to enter the nursing field in three semesters of study.  It prepares students for licensure through the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX-PN). This program has been approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing.

 We are now accepting applications until June 15, 2012.  If you have any questions please email us at cehealth@nvcc.edu or call 703-822-6523.