Beginning January 1, 2019, more adults in Virginia will have access to quality, low cost health insurance. All NOVA students and their families are welcome to join us for a series of enrollment-workshops where we will help eligible persons apply for insurance through Medicaid or the Health Care Marketplace.
REGISTER BELOW – Space is limited and registration is based by appointment (30 minutes).
- MON, 11/26, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Alexandria Campus, AA377
- WED, 11/28, 3:30 PM – 7:00 PM, Annandale Campus, CT228
- THUR, 11/29, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM, MEC, Room 327
- MON, 12/3, 3:00 PM – 6:45 PM, Manassas Campus, MP 114
- WED, 12/5, 3:05 PM – 6:45 PM, Woodbridge Campus, WAS 219
- THUR, 12/6, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Loudoun Campus, LW 227
To qualify for the new health coverage, individuals must:
- Be a Virginia resident, ages 19-64
- Not already in or eligible for Medicare
- Meet income requirements, which vary by household size
You may be eligible if you make less than:
Family Size: (1) Monthly: $1,397/Yearly $16,754
Family Size: (2) Monthly: $1,894/Yearly $22,715
Family Size: (3) Monthly: $2,391/Yearly $28,677
Family Size: (4) Monthly: $2,887/Yearly $34,638
Family Size: (5) Monthly: $3,384/Yearly $40,600
Family Size: (6) Monthly: $3,881/Yearly $46,562
Family Size: (7) Monthly: $4,378/Yearly $52,523
Family Size: (8) Monthly: $4,875/Yearly $58,485
Each Additional Family Member: Monthly $487/Yearly $5,962
What do you need to bring to apply for Medicaid?
- Social Security Number*
- Identification – Birth Certificate/ID (Driver’s License or USA Passport)*
- Green Card (if applicable)
- Employment Verification – A) Two months worth of income; OR B) 2017 Tax Return if self-employed
*SSN and ID are required for every household member.*
If you do not have all these documents, please register so we can assist you in starting your application.
What Services are Included With the New Coverage?
- Doctor, hospital and emergency services, including primary and specialty care
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory and X-ray Services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Behavioral health services, including addiction and recovery treatment services
- Rehabilitative services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Family planning services
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Preventative and wellness services, including annual wellness exams, immunizations, smoking cessation and nutritional counseling
- And more!