2723 King Street
Alexandria, VA – 22302
Alexandria Community Shelter
2355-B Mill Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
The Alexandria Community Shelter is a City-owned; 65-bed emergency shelter operated by New Hope Housing Inc. Shelter is provided for men, women and families
Alexandria Winter Shelter
The Alexandria Winter Shelter, operated by Carpenter’s Shelter, provides overnight shelter from November 1- through April 15,. It opens at 7 .pm. and closes at 7 a.m.
Housing/Shelter Services for Teens/young mothers
Teens (ages 13-17) & Young Mothers (ages 18-22). Housing/shelter, counseling, neighborhood support, 24/7 emergency hotline
P.O. Box 694, Dunn Loring, VA 22-27
800-729-8336 Emergency Hotline
Bailey’s Crossroad Community Shelter
Emergency shelter for singles only, offers showers, laundry services, and some meals.
Housing/Shelter, Single Men/Women
Catholic Charities Of The Diocese Of Arlington
131 South West Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
930 N. Henry Street
Alexandria, VA 22312
Crisis Emergency Assistance
Emergency assistance with rent, mortgage, utilities, medical or clothing expenses.
Provides up to $500 payment to assist with rent, mortgage, utility, medical or clothing expenses.
A Department of Human Services social worker must interview applicant to determine need. Assistance is limited to one time during a six month period, except for clothing, which is once in 12 months.
Good Shepherd Housing & Family Services, Inc.
8305 Richmond Hwy #17B
Alexandria, VA 22309
Homeless Services Assessment Center (HSAC)
HSAC serves as the point of entry for single adults and families seeking emergency shelter in the City of Alexandria. HSAC will allow for the efficient and effective connection of persons to services through a comprehensive eligibility screening and basic needs assessment.
2525 Mt. Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22303
New Hope Housing
6 Shelters in Alexandria
8407 E Richmond Hwy
Alexandria, VA 22309
Salvation Army Alexandria
Provides transitional housing and services to homeless women and children to facilitate the transition from the emergency shelter to independent living.
Woman & Children Only
1804 Mount Vernon Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22301
A-SPAN – Homeless Services Center
- Contains 50 year-round beds, five medical respite beds and has an additional 25 slots in the winter months.
- 2020)-A 14th St N (Courthouse area)
- (703) 228-7800
VOA-Chesapeake – Residential Program Center
- The County’s primary emergency shelter for single adults is at the County-owned Residential Program Center (RPC).
- Contains 44 beds
- 1554 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204
- (703) 228-0022
Doorways for Women and Families – Safehouse
- Provides emergency shelter for battered and homeless women and their families.
- The shelter and case management programs are designed to protect women and their children from abusive living situations and to assist homeless women and families by helping them develop plans leading to safe, self-sufficient living.
- (703) 237-0881
Doorways for Women and Families – Freddie Mac Foundation Family Home
- Provides housing (21 beds), food, skill building opportunities, referrals and supportive counseling and goal planning services to women, children, and families experiencing homelessness.
- The typical length of stay at our homes is 90-120 days; however with fewer affordable housing options in Arlington, many families are staying 120 days and longer.
- (703) 907-0022
Bridges to Independence – Sullivan House
- This emergency shelter for families is provided through an agreement with Bridges to Independence. Sullivan House is a 50-bed facility in a County-owned building.
- The program provides shelter and case management services to homeless families leading to employment, permanent housing, and achieving self-sufficiency.
- 3103 9th Road North, Arlington, VA 22201
- (703) 525-7177
Fairfax County has six emergency shelters for individuals and families who are homeless. These shelters are operated by community nonprofit organizations under contract with the county.
(Families with Children)
Bailey’s Crossroads Community Shelter
(Adults without Children)
3525 Moncure Avenue, Bailey’s Crossroads, VA 22041
Embry Rucker Community Shelter (Reston)
11975 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston, VA 20190
Eleanor U. Kennedy Shelter (Richmond Highway – Fort Belvoir)
9155 Richmond Highway, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
10640 Page Avenue, Suite 300
Fairfax, VA 22030
Katherine K. Hanley Family Shelter (Fairfax)
12970 Katherine Hanley Court, Fairfax, VA 22030
Next Steps (Richmond Highway – Alexandria)
Various locations, scattered-site.
Patrick Henry Family Shelter (Falls Church)
3080 Patrick Henry Drive, Falls Church, VA 22044
6165 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22044
a drop-in day shelter for the homeless, the hungry, and anyone who needs a place of respite and a good meal.
Shelter House, Inc.
12310 Pinecrest Road Suite 304
Reston, VA 20191
The Koinonia Foundation
Phyllis’s Clothing Closet
6037 Franconia Road Alexandria VA 22310
The Lamb Center
3160 Campbell Dr
Fairfax, VA 22031
This program provides food, laundry facilities, showers, and case management to the homeless population.
19520 Meadowview Court, S.E.
Leesburg, VA 20175
Emergency Homeless Shelters
This program, operated by Volunteers of America (VOA), provides 45 emergency shelter beds for up to 89 days for homeless people, helping them to stabilize their housing situation and to regain self-sufficiency. This program serves families, single women, and men. Referrals are made through Family Services.
19520 Meadowview Court SE, Leesburg, VA 20175
Good Shepherd Alliance
20684 Ashburn Rd
Ashburn, VA 20147
Permanent Supportive Housing Facility
The program is housed in an eight-unit facility that provides housing and offers supportive services for chronically homeless persons or families.
With 92 beds, the SERVE Family Shelter is Northern Virginia’s largest family homeless shelter
10056 Dean Dr, Manassas, VA 20110
Northern Virginia Family Service
10056 Dean Dr.
Manassas, VA 20110
Prince William County
Beverly Warren Emergency Shelter
17866 Main Street, Dumfries VA 22026
Hilda Barg Homeless Prevention Center
14945 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Woodbridge, VA 22191