More than 25% of college students struggle to buy food. Will you become a Food Ambassador? You fill the bag, we do the rest!
The Green NOVA Bag program is a bi-monthly (six times a year) food collection program that provides non-perishable food products to Northern Virginia Community College’s six food pantries.
A part of the broader Student Food Program, Green NOVA Bag allows the Northern Virginia community the opportunity to support our hungry students by helping to keep our pantries stocked. Food pantries operate at each campus; Alexandria, Annandale, Springfield, Loudoun, Manassas, and Woodbridge.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Sign Up Here
- We will bring a Green NOVA bag to your house or office (if you are a NOVA employee)
- Each week when you go shopping, buy one or two extra non-perishable food items. Store it in your Green NOVA Bag.
- About 10-days before pick-up, we will send an email telling you to place your bag outside your door on the pick-up date. We will send another email 1-2 days before pick-up.
- Place your bag outside your front door by 8:30 AM and we will pick up the bag and leave another Green NOVA Bag in its place.
- Your bag will be taken that day to one of NOVA’s Food Pantries to support hungry students.
PICK UP SCHEDULE FOR 2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR
Remaining 2018 Dates
- July 14
- September 8
- November 10
- January 12
- March 9
- May 11
- July 13
- September 14
- November 9
HOW CAN I SUPPORT IT?
- Sign up to share food with NOVA students by leaving food on your porch 6 times a year in a Green NOVA Bag.
- Talk to your friends and family about becoming a NOVA Food Ambassador.
- Volunteer to drive to pick up bags every other month – we really need drivers! Commitment is less than 2 hours that Saturday.
- Volunteer to help sort the food at our office in Fairfax same day as pick up