Welcome to Technology Innovation in Learning and Teaching (TILT) at the Alexandria Campus!
The mission of TILT is to integrate educational technology into the curriculum by helping faculty, staff, and students use technology to achieve their teaching and learning goals. The TILT staff support educational technologies that contribute to NOVA’s academic excellence by increasing student engagement with course materials, supporting active learning strategies, better matching teaching and learning styles, fostering communication and collaboration, streamlining course administration, and developing students’ skills for future learning and work. TILT staff continually research, monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of educational technologies on the teaching and learning experiences of faculty and students, and share these findings with the campus community.
Our services include individual and group training, scheduled workshops, equipment check-out and setup, video assistance, graphic design and web assistance. For more information, see “Our Services” below.
If you are interested in receiving training through TILT or starting a project with us, please feel free to contact us at anytime at ALTILT@nvcc.edu!
- Training on educational technology
- Support for presentations and other media
- Basic digital video editing
- Basic computer graphics assistance
- Basic computer/software/communications help
- Basic internet and web page assistance
- Campus electronic bulletin board service (closed-circuit television)
Reservations for equipment and appointments for services are highly recommended for the busy semester. Please email ALTILT@nvcc.edu.
- Staff are available to work with you for training or assistance on various projects. Simply make an appointment. For more information, email us at ALTILT@nvcc.edu to get in touch with an individual team member.
- We offer training on a regular basis for using the educational technology we provide.
Bisdorf 343, Alexandria Campus