Exhibition Proposal Procedure
The Rachel M. Schlesinger Concert Hall and Arts Center at Northern Virginia Community College, Alexandria Campus invites working artists in the DC metro area to submit proposals for exhibitions in the Margaret W. & Joseph L. Fisher Art Gallery and the new Schlesinger Center Forum and Passage Galleries.
We are accepting proposals using the following online form:
Submission Details and Requirements Below.
Eligibility: Artists must reside in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. Works can be in both two and three dimensional formats.
Entry Procedure: Submit a proposal using the above link to be considered for an exhibition. Your artist’s packet should include the following:
- 10 images representative of the work to be included in the exhibition. Work submitted must have been completed within the past three (3) years. Images must be submitted in digital format.
- Images should be in jpeg format, 72dpi and not larger than 500kb. Files must be labeled with the artist’s name and corresponding image list number (e.g. JDoe001.jpg).
- A corresponding image list, including title (for group exhibitions, include the artist’s name with each work), date, dimensions and medium.
- A brief (1 page) description of work and exhibition theme to be considered.
- For Artists: Attach your artist’s statement for the proposed exhibition.
- Provide an Artist Resume.
- Selected artists are responsible for all details of the exhibit, including shipping/delivery/pick-up and preparation of works, as well as any unusual installation requirements and opening reception.
- Northern Virginia Community College will insure works while on the premises. Artists must indicate insurance values for all works exhibited.
- The Fisher Art Gallery reserves the right of review of any works to be exhibited.
- An Artist’s Agreement with guidelines for the development of a successful exhibit at the Fisher Art Gallery will be provided to selected exhibitors. Work may be offered for sale at the discretion of the artist.
- All sold works must remain on exhibit until the end of the show.
- The center will notify you if your proposal for an exhibition has been accepted.
For further information: contact Gallery Director Mary Welch Higgins at 703-973-3854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.