CST 130 INTRO TO THEATRE
- Surveys the principles of drama, the development of theatre production, and selected plays to acquaint the student with various types of theatrical presentations.
- CST 130 is a hybrid course
- CST 130 SATISFIES A HUMANITIES / FINE ARTS ELECTIVE
CST 131 ACTING I / CST 132 ACTING II
- Develops personal resources and explores performance skills through such activities as theatre games, role playing, improvisation, work on basic script units and performance of scenes. Gives the student both a physical and mental understanding of the various approaches to acting.
- In addition to script analysis and character study, students will perform in play readings, poetry readings, vintage radio dramas, a lip synch competition, one monologue and one scene.
- If you’ve taken CST 131 and want to continue studying acting, you can enroll in CST 132. CST 132 covers classical acting styles beginning with Greek through Restoration periods, so scenes and monologues will be selected from period plays.
- CST 131/CST 132 is a 12-week class that runs Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1:00-4:05pm
Interested in getting involved but don’t have room for one of the classes? Join the NOVA THEATRE SOCIETY.
- Transferring to GMU for a Theatre BA or BFA? CST 130, 131 and 253 ALL TRANSFER
- CST 130 and 131 are offered both fall and spring. CST 132 is a SPRING ONLY class – plan accordingly
- Still have questions? Email Sara Weinstock at firstname.lastname@example.org