Come meet 20+ universities and colleges from Virginia and 6 other states who are eager to meet you. Many of these schools are offering scholarships for international transfer students.
Information sessions, food and raffle prizes will be offered throughout the day.
Upcoming Employment Workshops for International Students
Woodbridge (09/26 3pm – 4pm at WAS 230K Library Room)
Manassas (9/26 1pm-2pm in the Parrish Hall room 236)
Annandale (09/27 2pm-4pm at CA 302 )
Alexandria (09/28 2pm-3:30pm at AA158 )
Loudoun (09/29 3:30pm-4:30pm at the Theater)
The Office of International Student Services and ACLI teams welcomed over 300 new students representing over 50 countries to NOVA during the International Student symposiums held in August. We hope you have a great first semester at NOVA!
Northern Virginia Community College – Alexandria Campus
Lyceum Series Event!
This event is FREE and OPEN TO ALL!
For the Spring 2015 semester, we have our first Lyceum Series event!
Dr. Zubair Meenai is a Fulbright Scholar in Residence, visiting NOVA and George Mason University this semester from Jamia Millia Islamia, a university in New Delhi, India.
He will be talking with us about a field he has worked extensively in.
India’s Experience with Public Health Programmes: A Case Study of Polio Eradication in Western Uttar Pradesh
Bisdorf Building, Room AA-158.
5000 Dawes Ave
Alexandria, VA 22311
Maps and Directions to get to the NOVA-Alexandria Campus: http://www.nvcc.edu/about-nova/maps-directions/alexandria/index.html
Dr. Meenai’s recent professional responsibilities include the following:
- Professor, UGC Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Social Work, Jamia Millia Islamia since 2006.
- Director, Centre for Early Childhood Development & Research, Jamia Millia Islamia since 2010.
- Head, UGC Centre of Advanced Study, Department of Social Work, Jamia Millia Islamia from 2010-2013
- Coordinator, Research & Resource Unit on Social Work with Minorities, UGC Centre of Advanced Study in Social Work, Jamia Millia Islamia from 2010.
- Project Director of the UNICEF supported “Project on Advocacy and Networking for Health among Under Served” in Western Uttar Pradesh from 2003-2013.