Financial Aid Support Center

Financial Aid Support Center!! – The NOVA Financial Aid Office has launched a brand new Financial Aid Support Center that includes a single support telephone number for all campuses (1-855-323-3199), self-help knowledge base, live chat and much more, to be available for you 24 x 7 x 365.  Visit the support center on NOVA’s website at:  http://www.nvcc.edu/finaidsupport.

Within the new portal, you will be able to choose your communication and response preference, or you can search the knowledge base yourself to find answers to your questions.  Please review the portal carefully to better understand the options available to you.  Complete the survey when you have utilized the portal or ticketing system.  Let us know how we are doing so we can provide you the best service possible.

Check out the announcement flyer: _New Financial Aid Support Center(Flyer)

117 Comments

1. Rayan
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

i want to know why my financial aid is still pending and when i am going to recieve my money back.

• Posted January 23, 2012 at 8:30 am | Permalink

Rayan, Your aid will remain pending on your account until the census date, at which time your enrollment will be confirmed and your aid will be adjusted to reflect your actual enrollment and then disbursed. Once it is disbursed, it will be applied to any outstanding balance (tuition/fees) that you may have and any remainder will then be returned to you via check to the address you have on file in your MyNova account.

Hope this helps and thanks for your comment.

• ester
      Posted September 13, 2014 at 5:56 pm | Permalink

The census date for fall 2014 classes has passed. When will aid post and what dates are refunds sent. Also does nvcc allow direct deposit.

• Posted September 15, 2014 at 8:12 am | Permalink

When will I receive my refund?

Financial aid awards are adjusted after census date for less than full-time enrollment and then disbursed to student accounts if the student has no holds and is in good standing. If there is aid in excess of your charges you should see a refund posted to your account.

After the refund is posted to you account, an excess aid check is then requested from the Commonwealth. You will be able to see the date requested on your student account. About 15 to 20 business days from the date of disbursement, you should receive your check(s). (You may receive multiple checks if you have multiple disbursements.)

Your check will come from the Commonwealth of Virginia, not the school. While there are some research going into alternative disbursement options but at this point paper checks via mail is how refund checks will be distributed.

Make sure your address of record is correct on your My NOVA account–that is where checks will be sent.

• Lashay
          Posted June 10, 2015 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

When will I recieve my funds for the summer 2015

• Posted June 12, 2015 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

Hi Lashay,

Northern Virginia Community College has contracted with Tuition Management Services (TMS) to process electronic financial aid disbursements to students who are entitled to excess financial aid after all institutional charges for tuition, fees, and books have been paid. You have the ability to receive excess financial aid disbursements in as little as one to two business days, depending on your choice. Click here for additional information http://bbcrm.edusupportcenter.com/link/portal/8202/8390/Article/213/Can-my-refund-be-direct-deposited-into-my-bank-account

2. kasey
    Posted February 10, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

I have been trying to get my loan process finished since the beginning of the semester. I keep hearing that i need to fill out my entrance counseling but when i go to complete that it tells me I already finished it.. which i HAVE. I remember doing it. So now I’m trying to get a hold of someone.. ANYONE in the financial aid office to help me figure out what is going on.. I’ve called multiple numbers and all they do is transfer me to different numbers who.. SUPRISE! Don’t answer! I’m behind classes thanks to having no aid in paying for my books and im considering dropping the classes and trying somewhere else next semester. NOVA has to be the WORST school i’ve EVER had to deal with… How hard do you have to make it to go back to school. Really?!

• Posted February 10, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Kasey,
      I am sorry to hear you are having such difficulty; however, you should be able to find the info you need for your entrance counseling and MPN on your My Nova account. For customer support there is only one Financial Aid number (1-855-323-3199) and should they not be able to address your question you should get a follow up call from our support staff. I am unable to determine any more about your file from this information but would encourage you to continue to consider NOVA for your educational needs.

3. Samantha
    Posted February 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

So is the 2012-2013 Independent Verification worksheet available?

• Posted February 28, 2012 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Samantha,
      We are in the process of developing the Verification worksheet for NOVA. We will be announcing and posting on the NOVA forms library once it is approved. Thanks for your comment.

4. mjd
    Posted March 9, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

I have a To Do requesting “other college transcipts” to be sent to NOVA and evaluated. I attended another community college for 1 term 7 years ago and, due to a tragedy, ended up not finishing any of my courses. This is my third term at NOVA. I hold a 4.0 GPA with 30 credits. My student loans have been approved, but state pending on the SIS. I tried to call the phone number listed on the to do, but it is not a valid/working number. I emailed Fin Aid office and got no response. I live chatted with someone from fin aid support and they told me to send a letter and weren’t sure if my loan disbursment would be delayed or not. I tried to have a transcipt sent from the college, but recieved a message back stating they cannot find one for me. Is this going to cause my loan disbursment to be held or delayed?

5. Vinh Tran
    Posted July 24, 2012 at 4:02 am | Permalink

I’ve received financial aid and do i have to pay for my tuition fees by myself or the financial aid will take money from my account automatically ( financial aid account ) ? I also received an email to remind me to make payment for the tuition fees ( duedate is coming )but i couldn’t complete it . I’ve try to apply for a nelnet plan or even “Quick pay” but it was impossible . Does anyone here have a problem like this? I really need help asap please! Billy Ray Davis , i’m waiting 4 you! Thanks.

• Posted July 24, 2012 at 9:53 am | Permalink

Vinh,
      Your awarded aid will hold your classes as long as it is sufficient to cover your balance due. At term census date, September 10, this fall your award will be adjusted based on your actual enrollment and applied to your bill. The balance will be refunded to you via email. Good luck!

6. Rachel
    Posted July 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

Hi due date for my classes are due and I have a pending aid, it won’t let me make a payment. Are my classes being held due to aid. Because I can’t even make a payment at all and I don’t want to loose my classes due to no payment. Is the reason why I cant pay for anything because of pending aid?

• Rachel
      Posted July 26, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

I mean lose my classes.

7. Alan
    Posted August 15, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Permalink

I am finding a job in the campus.
    However I didn’t receive the work study grant (something like that)…
    I mean how could I get that and work in the campus?
    Thank you so much.

• Posted August 15, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Alan,
      If you do not have work study as part of your financial aid award, you can apply for this job directly with the employer. If you wish to see if you can have work study awarded to your aid package, stop by your campus financial aid office and speak with the work study coordinator.

8. Manju
    Posted September 12, 2012 at 10:34 am | Permalink

I filed for my financial aid in early march and they have been asking for so many documents to prove my marital status and my citizenship status. They took almost 4 month to decide my financial aid. But, after that all I get is loan. When I asked them that I still havent recieved my aid they said their budget for the aid has exceeded. They also said that the earlier you filed more you get. Isnt that unfair though. SInce they are the one who took for ever to decide?

• Posted September 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Manju,

This is an unfortunate but necessary aspect of financial aid. It is true that the earlier you complete your application the better opportunity you have for access to the more limited awards, awarded until funds are depleted. However, your award can not be processed until your file is completed and that includes any documents that are required to process your award. Financial Aid is intended to assist students in pursuit of their education and NOVA has a responsibility to students, citizens and government to insure we are responsible in how we dispense financial aid funds. Please understand that we do all that we can to process files in a timely manner in the order they are completed, not initiated.

• manju
        Posted September 16, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

i understand that… But I did submit all my document in timely manner. Infact, I submitted the same documents three times because they were somehow missing it over and over. I even went to the office to submit it twice such that I make it on time. So, its still not understandable that they wont provide me aid because they wouldnt process in time.

• Posted September 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

The financial aid process is very complicated at times and can be cumbersome to you the recipient. It is difficult for me to address specifics of your account/experience here without know additional details. This forum is not secure to post personal information, but I would encourage you to contact your campus financial aid representative to get a thorough review of your application process or contact the Financial Aid Support Center to submit a support ticket to have your aid reviewed.

9. Christina
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 11:10 am | Permalink

I payed for my classes in July, but decided to go with Financial Aid. The financial aid seems to have gone through according to my Account Activity. It says I’ve received a QuickPAY CC Refund (posted on 9/24/12). I have yet to receive any e-mail/notification and no money has yet to have been transferred to my bank account (I payed with card). I was wondering when I should be expecting to get my refund back?

• Posted September 26, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

The standard time for a refund to process is 10 to 14 business days from posting to receipt of your check via mail. In the case of a CC refund you should see a posting in about 7-10 business days. However, should you have any other outstanding balance to the college your CC refund will be applied to that balance prior to being refunded to your card. If you have any additional question on this please feel free to contact the business office after the 14-day period.

10. Bonnie Andrade
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

I have applied for financial aid about 11 days ago. The website is telling me you guys have all documents you need. How do I know if I am getting any finanical aid? How soon do I get it and how? Thank you

• Posted October 31, 2012 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Continue to monitor your MYNOVA account for any updates or changes to your account. Allow 14-21 “business days” for your application to process and your award to post.

11. Rebeca Diaz
    Posted October 30, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Permalink

Well financial aid sent me a letter that i need to start paying my loans back and i dont mind doing that but it sais that im not enrolled in classes anymore and that i dont have any financial aid for 2013 and i was planning on starting school in the winter semester. what can i do?

• Posted October 31, 2012 at 10:14 am | Permalink

Well, until you are actually enrolled, you should begin making your loan payments. However, once you have enrolled you will then be eligible to request a deferment on your loan payments.

12. Dariel
    Posted December 13, 2012 at 9:49 am | Permalink

I was approved for the pell grant. I need to knoe will that grant pay for the project management cert.

• Posted December 13, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

Unfortunately, That certificate is not a Financial Aid eligible program. Please consult with your academic adviser for more information.

13. danielle
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

I have a pending aid, and my classes have to be payed by December 17
    don’t know what to do

• Posted December 17, 2012 at 8:26 am | Permalink

As long as your “Pending Aid” is greater than your balance due then you don’t need to do anything. However, if you “Pending Aid” is NOT enough to cover your balance then you need to make payment by the payment deadline (5:00pm Dec. 17th) or your balance will adjust (some of your classes may be dropped.

14. Luisana Gonzalez
    Posted December 27, 2012 at 10:03 am | Permalink

My financial aid is pending, but I have done everything on my to do list. What documentation do I need to send in order to prove that I am self-sufficient, and where do I need to send this documentation? If at all possible, could I fax this information?

• Posted January 14, 2013 at 8:13 am | Permalink

If you have complete all the items on your to do list, then there is no need for you to submit any additional documents at this time. Please continue to monitor your My Nova account for any updates or changes.

15. Alyssa
    Posted January 11, 2013 at 11:50 am | Permalink

I was looking at my financial aid information when I went back to look at the page it said that my loans were declined yet I never declined them. When I saw the screen that said hit yes or no to submit I said no because I was unsure what I was submitting. I need help reinstating those please.

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.

• Posted January 14, 2013 at 8:09 am | Permalink

Contact the financial aid support center and request that your loans be reinstated and be sure to complete your entrance counseling and Master Promissory Note as well so your loans will disburse on schedule.

16. merry
    Posted February 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

can I apply for financial aid to cover for the summer or fall (2013) classes?

17. Luis
    Posted February 27, 2013 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

I am currently enrolled on this spring semester thanks to a Pell Grant. I submitted another FAFSA for the next semester but I didnt finished because I havent done my taxes yet. I was checking my mail and what surprises me is that I received a new Award Letter, This new award letter I just recieved means that I have been issued a new Financial Aid for the next semester? or its just the same aid I received for this current semester.

• Posted February 28, 2013 at 8:46 am | Permalink

The recent award letter you received is a reflection of your award after it has been adjusted to reflect your eligibility, your actual enrollment at term census date and your awarded funds. Your 13-14 FAFSA has not been awarded at this time and you will receive specific communication from the financial aid office to reflect the status of that application.

18. Ms Backstrom
    Posted April 13, 2013 at 8:43 pm | Permalink

I applied for FAFSA in March for fall semester. When should I expect to hear from NVCC ?

19. Posted May 13, 2013 at 8:13 am | Permalink

hi,

20. Will
    Posted July 11, 2013 at 1:55 pm | Permalink

Do subsidized or unsubsidized loans cover books? If not are there any programs out there that do cover book fees?

• Posted September 23, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Yes, with approval and the proper enrollment you can purchase your books up to 10 days prior to the start of classes.

21. Jennifer
    Posted July 11, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

Do loans provided by FAFSA cover the textbooks?

• Posted September 23, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

22. Emily Mendoza
    Posted August 21, 2013 at 11:07 am | Permalink

I am ordering my parents tax transcripts. Do I need the account transcript or return transcript?

23. adrian robinson
    Posted August 30, 2013 at 7:31 pm | Permalink

Hello the census date for 8 week classes was 08/29 however my financial aid still has not been applied to my account. When will this happen?

24. James
    Posted September 12, 2013 at 1:39 am | Permalink

When do the financial Aid office will realize my left over Financial aid award money! Last year i got the money very soon after the semester! What is going on now? Does anyone know what day is they will send out the left over financial Aid awards?

Thanks

• Posted September 23, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

When will I receive my refund?

After the refund is posted to you account, an excess aid checks is then requested from the Commonwealth. You will be able to see the date requested on your student account. About 10-15 business days from that date, you should receive your check or checks.

Your check will come from the Commonwealth of Virginia, not the school.

Make sure your address of record is correct on your My NOVA account; that is where checks will be sent.

http://bbcrm.edusupportcenter.com/link/portal/8202/8390/Article/212/When-will-I-receive-my-refund

25. Felicity Hammack
    Posted September 23, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

I was just wondering when financial aid checks will be mailed.

• Posted September 23, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

When will I receive my refund?

26. Anonymous
    Posted September 25, 2013 at 5:32 pm | Permalink

Hello I just got an email about the refund; looks like the grant paid off the classes – i am wondering if the money i get does it goes toward my novaID card or does it go back to my visa account?

Best regards

• Posted September 26, 2013 at 9:53 am | Permalink

Hi,
      Your excess funds will be mailed to you at your address of record. Please allow 10-15 business days for those funds to arrive. Thanks for your comment and good luck with your classes!!

• Anonymous
        Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Okay I got the commonwealth grant refund check – I’m wondering where do I deposit the check? Do I deposit at the bank? What can I use the check towards for?

best regards

27. Mitchell
    Posted October 7, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Permalink

I recently moved and had my mail forwarded from the address NOVA has on file for me to my current address. Will I still receive my refund checks at my forwarded address?

28. Posted November 14, 2013 at 12:27 pm | Permalink

Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this post and the rest of the website is also very good.

29. Amalia
    Posted November 18, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

i got a email from the financial aid office that i have to send the faxes of my parents, but my parents make taxes in another country (Bolivia) So. Do we have to legalize the fax papers or it just has to be translate?
    Thank You

30. kimberly
    Posted November 22, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Permalink

i looked at my financial aid and it show that im supposed to recieve a commonwealth grant for the 2013 fall semester but i have not got it yet?what should I do?please email me kcb2386@email.vccs.edu

31. Posted December 11, 2013 at 4:50 am | Permalink

This post looks pretty well! Keep up this good job and please post much more information like this! U can al so check our site to.

32. Lynda
    Posted December 12, 2013 at 8:26 am | Permalink

Hello

I am receiving phone calls regarding my financial aid. The message stated taht my financial aid has been rewarded and I have no registered credits? Can you please tell me why that is when I am currently registered and recieving financial aid at another school?? I though I cleared all of this up back in October? Please let me know what is going on??

• Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Please contact the Financial aid office and inform them that you will not be attending NOVA this academic year and ask that your aid be cancelled. You cannot receive aid at tow schools.

33. Phuc Tran
    Posted December 15, 2013 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

I have received my financial aid award . Why wasn’t I accepted student loans ?
    I’m a out- of state student.

• Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

You must log on to your MyNova account to accept/decline your loans. However, prior to that you must be sure you have completed the MPN and Entrance counseling that is required. Please see your “To Do List” for details.

34. evelyn
    Posted January 3, 2014 at 1:42 am | Permalink

Hi, what happens if I don’t take classes on the spring semester but I have a grant and a loan from financial aid available

• Posted January 7, 2014 at 8:45 am | Permalink

Hi, That aid is eligible to be applied to the summer term, once you have enrolled in class, notify the Financial Aid Office and your aid can be awarded.

35. Vinh
    Posted January 4, 2014 at 8:57 pm | Permalink

May a house owner but low income( $6000/year) qualify for student financial aid? Thanks for ur helps!

36. Tianna
    Posted January 9, 2014 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

I was placed on Financial Aid suspension because of the 67% rule. I have 4 more credits to take then I will be over the 67% rule. Once I complete those classes will my financial Aid be reinstated?

37. Maverick
    Posted January 13, 2014 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Hi, my financial aid got disbursed on January 11, and it paid off my outstanding charges for my classes. However, I can’t find the remaining money in my bank account and I have signed up for e-refund since last semester. Does it usually take time to transfer over, or should I contact my college for more information?

38. Gurbir
    Posted January 14, 2014 at 10:09 am | Permalink

so if I have the pel grant I will not have any problem with my classes being dropped, because I have not paid the money since I have a low amount of cash.

39. Michael Savage
    Posted February 12, 2014 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

It says that I received a commonwealth grant 2013 semester but I do not recall ever receiving the check. The 2014 semester was the first time that I have seen this 2013 commonwealth grant. It did not show up until after the 2014 census date. Is there any way to see if that check was processed, sent, and or cashed?

40. xinying(Alison)
    Posted February 25, 2014 at 2:19 am | Permalink

Hi,i got a question about my financial aid via check. Most of my friends had received the financial aid check in last three weeks,but i havent . Should I call and ask what happen with my financial aid?

• Posted April 3, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

If you are still having an issue with your disbursement please submit a ticket to the Financial Aid Support Center.

• Tai
        Posted May 20, 2014 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

If I’m enrolled full time will my financial aid be adjusted for the summer semester which started may 19th? I noticed in previous post that you stated aid will be adjusted or less then full time enrollment. Will I get whatever pending aid is remaining after summer tuition is paid for minus books that were purchased with my financial aid?

41. Alison
    Posted May 5, 2014 at 1:57 am | Permalink

Hi,I just applied 2014-2015 Financial aid. They required some of my documents, and I submitted it last week. I checked on my financial aid status ,
    it said ,”You have no financial aid awards available for viewing in this aid year.”
    Is that mean I DONT HAVE FINANCIAL AID IN 2014-2015?

42. tai
    Posted May 20, 2014 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Are financial aid awards on adjusted for less than full time enrollment after the census date? I’m enrolled in.summer classes which started may 19th. I’m enrolled for 13 credits. Will my pending aid be adjusted too or will I receive what’s left after payments have been made?

43. Amanda Hare
    Posted June 4, 2014 at 9:56 am | Permalink

I’m just wondering when my financial aid will stop pending because it is past the census date for all of my classes.

44. Jakeiah Robinson
    Posted June 19, 2014 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

I changed my mailing address a day before my refund was posted to my account. Will that cause any confusion on where to send my refund check?

45. Sarbjeet Gill
    Posted August 5, 2014 at 11:38 am | Permalink

Hello, Do I need any certain numbers of credits in order o use financial aid.

46. destiny
    Posted September 2, 2014 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I’ve tried to complete my financial aid more than once this semester(first semester) and I doesn’t seem to get any better. at first I put my grandmothers information, but I had to use my legal guardian’s information (mother). I am pregnant so I went back to re-attempt . i answered yes on a question about supporting a child, now i don’t need parents information. but i have to start a payment plan by sept.5 or they will drop my classes on the 8th of sept. . TODAY IS THE 2ND. should i be worried, would my fafsa come in time, or should i not worry about it?

47. Viktoriya
    Posted September 5, 2014 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Hi ! This semester i decided to take my courses online. When I registered for second and third sessions I noticed that the Commonwealth grants were not there anymore. Is it because I m taking it online? My pel grant is still there. But what happened to the other one? Thanks.

48. Cherrelle
    Posted December 22, 2014 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

How long does it take for my loan to be reinstated after I submit the ticket? Do I have to register for classes first for it to be reinstated or wait until that’s done then register for class?

• Posted February 5, 2015 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Cherelle,
      You will need to have the required enrollment for your loans to be reinstated. Once you submit the ticket, the process should take 1-2 days, be sure to monitor your account for updates.

49. Melody Donnelly
    Posted January 27, 2015 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

I have a question about my FAFSA application. Is there a minimum amount of credits I need to be enrolled into in order to get approved? As far as I am aware, I have been approved for spring 2015. I am enrolled in 11 credits for this semester. Will the cost of my tuition and books be covered? Will I get disbursed after the census date (January 29th)?

50. Lorraine
    Posted February 2, 2015 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Hi,

I am currently enrolled in 12 credits which are all 12 week courses, that do not start until February 16th. When will my excess aid be disburse after the 16 week courses census date or after my 12 week courses census date?

• Posted February 5, 2015 at 9:17 am | Permalink

It will not disburse until the census date for your enrolled courses. Your aid will be adjusted, but the disbursement will not process until your confirmed enrollment at your course census date (12-week census date).

51. Jennifer
    Posted February 5, 2015 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Hi,

I’m wondering if I could check how much I have left in my financial aid?

52. Perline
    Posted February 26, 2015 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

I was waiting for the remained balance of my financial aid money which was mailed to me just today. When I open it, the amount put on the check was not, unfortunately, what I should receive back. I don’t understand why and how this happened. It is my first time to have such issue. How can I solve this problem in order to get my full disbursement?

53. Trevor Thompson
    Posted March 2, 2015 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

I got only one of my grants (Federal SEOG Grant)
    but I’m still waiting on my (Federal Pell Grant) and (Common wealth grant)..Do these grants come on different days?

54. HS
    Posted April 19, 2015 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

On my financial aid summary, it says I received a certain amount of aid for fall but I only received a check that didn’t even cover 1 credit. I applied after signing up for classes. Is there a reason why it’s showing that amount? I was also wondering if commonwealth grants are sent separately, as they show up towards the ed of the year.

55. Jasmin
    Posted April 20, 2015 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

I didn’t know that I would receive a separate payment of financial aid for the summer semester. I had planned to not take classes this summer. If I don’t enroll for the summer session, will this harm my financial aid eligibility/status in the future?

• Posted April 30, 2015 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Jasmin,

If you plan not to enroll for the summer semester, no this will not harm your financial aid eligibility in the future. All you will need to do is decline any aids or loans that you are offered for the summer semester.

56. jordan
    Posted May 12, 2015 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

I have signed up for summer classes. After I get my books and what not on the 18th of this month, when will I receive what was not need for school?

57. Mona
    Posted June 2, 2015 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

I applied for financial aid for 2015-2016 award year back in March or so. I have already registered for fall classes but have no received any aid for the year yet. I don’t remember having to wait this long to know but I may be mistaken. I was wondering when the date we find out if we are awarded money for the new 2015-2016 year is?

Thanks

• Posted June 3, 2015 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Mona,

To determine your application status. Once you have filed your FAFSA, identified NOVA as an institution to receive the results of your application and received your Student Aid Report (SAR), you can check the status of your application on the NOVA Financial Aid website at http://www.nvcc.edu/finance. Once you have logged on to the NOVA Financial Aid website you can follow the links to determine the current status of your application. Check via NOVAConnect, the student information system at SA Self Service>Learner Services>My Financial Aid Award 2007. If no award appears, review your To Do List under SA Self Service>Personal Portfolio>Tasks>To Do List.

If you have any more question or concern please contact our Financial Aid Support Center at: http://bbcrm.edusupportcenter.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8390
      There you will be able have direct contact with a financial aid advisor

NOTE: Please DO NOT post any personal information on this blog.

58. Sunil
    Posted June 27, 2015 at 11:37 am | Permalink

I received an email from the Financial Aid Office stating that the Department of Homeland Security did not confirm that I am a U.S. Citizen. I know for a fact that I am a U.S. Citizen (I have a U.S. Passport) what would you recommend I do next?
    -Thanks

59. J
    Posted July 7, 2015 at 8:46 am | Permalink

I am currently enrolled in 6 credits and my fin aid for the summer has been adjusted already. It’s past the census date for the 2nd 6 week course.. And still nothing has changed. It says aid is still pending, but there has been no payments to either the school or myself. I signed up for direct deposit and was told it would take 1-2 business days.

60. Crystal
    Posted July 10, 2015 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

My ssi said that my funds were disbursed on Monday. When I check the disbursement website it states no deposits have been made. How long does it usually take to show up ?

61. Alex
    Posted August 25, 2015 at 8:52 am | Permalink

if I paid for everything (tuition/books/materials) out of pocket but was awarded financial aid after I had paid for everything – will I receive full disbursement for the tuition/books/materials expenses? or Will I only receive disbursements for tuition?

• Posted August 31, 2015 at 10:28 am | Permalink

Hi Alex,
      You will be reimbursed for the amount you spent out of pocket for your tuition, books, materials, etc.

Financial aid awards are adjusted after the census date for less than full-time enrollment and then disbursed to student accounts if the student has no holds and is in good standing. If there is aid in excess of your charges you should see a refund posted to your account.

Northern Virginia Community College has contracted with Tuition Management Services (TMS) to process electronic financial aid disbursements to students who are entitled to excess financial aid after all institutional charges for tuition, fees, and books have been paid. You have the ability to receive excess financial aid disbursements in as little as one to two business days, depending on your choice. Click on the link below to register for TMS, to have your reimbursement in the form of an online banking prepaid card or have the reimbursement directly sent to your account through direct deposit. If you opt out on these options, you will receive a check in the mail 15-20 days after the census date.

https://nvccchoice.afford.com/secure/tms_nvcc_login.htm

Make sure to attend your classes and if you have additional questions you can contact the Financial Aid Support Center at the link below. https://mysupport.nvcc.edu/sims/helpcenter/common/layout/SelfHelpHome.seam?inst_name=vccs_northernvirginia

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

*
*