NOVA Financial Aid facilitates access to education for NOVA students by providing assistance in all areas of the financial aid process for the purpose of supporting student enrollment, retention and program completion at Northern Virginia Community College.
NOVA Financial Aid strives to balance access and accountability by providing responsible stewardship of all financial aid funds within a student-centered culture that works to eliminate financial barriers that would hinder student enrollment, retention and program completion. NOVA Financial Aid is focused on becoming the best of the best among post-secondary institutions in all areas of the financial aid process. Our multi-faceted approach will emphasize: outreach to students; utilization of technology to enhance processes; clear, consistent and effective communication with and for our highly diverse students and staff; training for development of staff expertise, both within and peripheral to Nova Financial Aid; exemplary customer service to students, parents, staff and the community at large; accurate and timely processing of financial aid awards; packaging aid to meet need and maximize the number of students with sufficient assistance to enroll; collaborating with all areas of the College to eliminate problems and enhance enrollment, retention, completion and the student experience.
• Availability to students and the community
• Exemplary customer service
• Effective, consistent and clear communication
• Appreciation for our incredibly rich diversity
• Integrity and irreproachable ethics
• Staff development and training
• Mutual respect
• Continuous improvement
• Proactivity over reactivity
• A team approach that values each member
• Utilization of technology and all available resources to maximize outcomes