Do you plan to take classes at Northern Virginia Community College during Fall 2020 semester? If yes, please note that regular registration for *Fall 2020 classes is now open for all sessions, and the primarily remote learning semester will begin on August 24, 2020. Check the Academic Calendar for more information on session start dates. Refer to the online Schedule of Classes to search for courses and view other college information. Beginning in the Fall 2020 Semester, NOVA will operate on a base 15-week session instead of a base 16-week.
Below are other tips and reminders:
- If you plan to transfer to another Virginia school, the Transfer Pathways Webpage is now available. This tool lists best course options depending on your NOVA degree and your chosen transfer school, as well as information about NOVA’s top five transfer schools.
- If you are a first semester GPS student, you are required to participate in an advising meeting before registering for your second semester courses at NOVA. Please contact your First Year Advisor immediately to get details on how to fulfill this requirement.
- All other returning NOVA students seeking academic advising may contact a faculty advisor in their program of study. Contact your Academic Division for the advisors in your program of a study.
- In addition to student services and faculty advisors, general Virtual Advisors are available by chat or e-mail, https://nvcc.edu/virtualadvising/index.html.
- Steps for Web Registration: https://www.nvcc.edu/schedule/crs2203/novaconnect.html
- NOVA COVID-19 info: https://www.nvcc.edu/coronavirus/index.html
- The Fall 2020 tuition payment deadline is August 3, 2020 if you register by August 2. If you register on August 3 or after, you must pay your tuition before 5:00 pm the next business day to prevent being dropped from your classes according to the Tuition Payment deadline.
- NOVA offers several methods to pay your tuition. Find out about the payment plan, financial aid, and more by clicking on the appropriate tab on this page.
- To comply with On-Time Registration, you must be registered for classes by 11:59 pm the day before the session’s start date. Once the session begins, registration for that session is closed.
NOTE: NOVA is continuing remote learning and student support services through the fall. If you need help in your remote learning, NOVA has services and resources at your disposal. Please refer to this list of College Remote Student Support Services.