Welcome, Alexandria Nighthawks!
Congratulations on your admission to Northern Virginia Community College. As a member of a dynamic community of scholars, you have taken an important step towards your goal of furthering your education.
Online registration for FALL 2020 classes is currently open for all sessions. We encourage you to register for classes as soon as possible after registration opens. Some students tend to wait, which often results in limited class selection and less time to secure payment arrangements (payment plan, financial aid, veterans benefits, etc.).
In the meantime, below are other tips to help you prepare for enrollment:
REMOTE PLACEMENT GUIDANCE FOR STUDENTS
- Under normal conditions, NOVA requires new students to take English and mathematics tests to determine the correct class placement to help you succeed in your program of study. Because NOVA testing centers are unable to conduct routine placement testing at this time, we are providing several ways to help you determine which classes will best serve your needs.
- For Fall 2020 registration, new students will be able to enroll themselves in entry-level classes without taking a placement test. However, you will still need to complete any prerequisite coursework required as a condition of enrollment.
- Placement Guidance has been provided online to help you make the decision that prepares you to succeed in college.
- Refer to the College Catalog for academic programs and requirements in your program of study/major.
- The Schedule of Classes has course listing information, times and session start dates, as well as the most recent updates.
- For new students, academic advising is available through Student Services Center.
- Returning NOVA students seeking academic advising may contact a faculty advisor in their program of study. Contact your Academic Division for the advisors in your program of a study.
- In addition to student services and faculty advisors, general Virtual Advisors are available by chat or e-mail, https://nvcc.edu/virtualadvising/index.html.
- Apply for Financial Aid if you have not already done so.
- You may request an appointment to speak with a financial aid staff member either by phone or Zoom. Please email email@example.com, and a staff member will contact you via email within 24 hours to set up a meeting.
- Remember to include your 7-digit NOVA Student ID, phone number and, if applicable, the campus you would normally visit.
- You can also call the 24-Hour Student Support Center at 1-855.323.3199.
- The FALL 2020 tuition payment deadline is August 3, 2020 if you register by August 2. If you register on August 3 or after, you must pay your tuition before 5:00 p.m. the next business day to prevent being dropped from your classes according to the Tuition Payment deadline.
- NOVA offers several methods to pay your tuition. Find out about the payment plan, financial aid, and more by clicking on the appropriate tab on the Payment Methods.
MILITARY AND VETERAN SERVICES
- Military and Program Advisors provide guidance on certification requirements and act as liaisons between NOVA and the Department of Veterans Affairs, while assisting in the transition from the military to being a student.
- For more information, you may refer to the College web page at, http://www.nvcc.edu/military/index.html.
- All students enrolling at NOVA are required to register by 11:59 p.m. the day before the session begins to meet On-Time Registration. Once the session begins, registration for that session is closed.
NOTE: NOVA is continuing remote learning and student support services through the fall. If you need help in your remote learning, NOVA has services and resources at your disposal. Please refer to this list of College Remote Student Support Services.