Do you want to become a student at Northern Virginia Community College during FALL 2020? If yes, please note that registration for FALL 2020 classes is currently open for all sessions, and the primarily remote learning semester will begin on August 24, 2020. For more information, you may check the Academic Calendar.
In the meantime, below are tips to help you through the admission process:
APPLY TO NOVA
- Complete your Application for Admission online, http://www.nvcc.edu/admissions/apply/. There is no application fee, and you may apply at any time. However, it is recommended that you submit your Application for Admission to the College at least 30 days prior to the first day of classes for the semester in which you plan to enroll. This will give you an opportunity to meet with a counselor for academic assistance prior to enrollment. Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a student identification number called an EMPLID number.
- If you are a first-time-to-college student, between the ages of 17-24 (including high school/homeschool/GED graduates), you are required to follow the Start Strong policies at NOVA, http://www.nvcc.edu/gps/.
REMOTE PLACEMENT GUIDANCE FOR STUDENTS
- Under normal conditions, NOVA requires new students to take English and mathematics tests to determine the correct class placement to help you succeed in your program of study. Because NOVA testing centers are unable to conduct routine placement testing at this time, we are providing several ways to help you determine which classes will best serve your needs.
- For Fall 2020 registration, new students will be able to enroll themselves in entry-level classes without taking a placement test. However, you will still need to complete any prerequisite coursework required as a condition of enrollment.
- Placement Guidance has been provided online to help you make the decision that prepares you to succeed in college.
- Non-permit holders and visitors must use NOVA meters, Passport Mobile Pay in ‘B’ Lots, or hourly rate garages if parking on campus prior to 3:45 p.m. on weekdays, http://www.nvcc.edu/parking/.
TUITION & FEES
- The total cost of enrollment is based upon a charge per credit hour. Tuition is the same for credit and audit courses. For more information go to, http://www.nvcc.edu/tuition/.
- We encourage you to apply for Financial Aid if you have not already done so.
- You can also call the 24-Hour Student Support Center at 1-855.323.3199.
MILITARY AND VETERAN SERVICES
- Military and Program Advisors provide guidance on certification requirements and act as liaisons between NOVA and the Department of Veterans Affairs, while assisting in the transition from the military to being a student. For more information, you may refer to the College web page at, http://www.nvcc.edu/military/index.html.
- The Fall 2020 tuition payment deadline is August 3, 2020 if you register by August 2. If you register on August 3 or after, you must pay your tuition before 5:00 pm the next business day to prevent being dropped from your classes according to the Tuition Payment deadline.
- NOVA offers several methods to pay your tuition. Find out about the payment plan, financial aid, and more by clicking on the appropriate tab on this page.