Calling all creative souls here at Annandale! Sometimes, projects require a little more creativity that the campus computers can’t accommodate for. That’s why we want to remind students that the Digital Media Studio can be found in the Library and is equipped with the software you need for your photo, video, and graphic design projects.
Choose to work on a Mac or PC and access Photoshop, Audacity, Final Cut Pro, and more! For a complete list, go to https://libguides.nvcc.edu/andigitalmediastudio/software
In conjunction with the software, you can use cameras, tripods, microphones, and more, available to check out at the circulation desk.
Ready to get started? It’s easy to set up an appointment! Just go to https://libcal.nvcc.edu/booking/ANMediaStudio and book your seat! While booking, you will have the option to request tutoring during available hours.
Have you used the Digital Media Studio to create a multimedia project before? We would love to display student work in the library! Send us your submissions at email@example.com
Technology is an essential component to this modern world, which is why here at the Annandale Campus Library we strive to equip our students with the resources they need to succeed. You all may know about our public computers, printers, and charging stations, but did you know we have a team dedicated to helping students with all their technology needs?
- Monique Clark, Technology Librarian – Our team lead, who provides technology planning, coordination, and support
- Michelle Echols, Technology & Reference Specialist – Provides computer and printer maintenance and troubleshooting, technology recommendations and purchasing
- Soo Bae, Reference/Technology Librarian (Not pictured) – Oversees technology training and support, social media and online research guides
- J.P. Garces – Circulation department liaison to technology team, providing backup and support
- Simran, Digital Media Studio Consultant – Assists with equipment checkout and Digital Media Studio maintenance
- Saron, AcePrint Consultant (Not pictured) – Assists students with printing in the library
- Abigail, Peer Technology Consultant – Provides technology tutoring for Digital Media Studio software and equipment
Michelle, Simran, Monique, Abigail and J.P.
The Library Technology Team exists to help students by providing assistance and access to all the resources the library has to offer. That’s why this semester the library is introducing a new member of the team, a Peer Technology Tutor, who is available to provide one-on-one assistance with Digital Media Studio software and Library equipment. The Digital Media Studio is a space within the Library that students can use for their photo, video editing, audio, or graphic design projects, equipped with the software students need. All you need to do to get started is book a seat in the studio. Stay tuned for future posts highlighting featured equipment and software. What will you create?
Do you like working on jigsaw puzzles? The Annandale Campus Library has a table with a jigsaw puzzle in the Reference Collection area. People put puzzle pieces together little by little everyday. A good thing about a jigsaw puzzle is that “there is a solution to a jigsaw puzzle unlike some of the other -puzzles- in life. When working on a puzzle, you see progress no matter how difficult the puzzle may be.(Melannie Svoboda, www.melanniesvobodasnd.org/why-i-like-working-jigsaw-puzzles/)”
Would you like to join us to have fun in solving the puzzle?
Enjoy these rainy days with the books about flowers and plants. Visit the library website (https://www.nvcc.edu/library/) to explore more books.
On Wednesday May 15th, AcePrint services (printing and adding money to your account) will be unavailable at all campus libraries due to scheduled server maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.