Fairfax County Park Authority is hiring a Marketing and Outreach Coordinator, 30 hours a week at $15.14/hour.
Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
Location: Green Spring Gardens, 4603 Green Spring Road, Alexandria, VA
Hours: 30 hours per week; not to exceed 1560 hours per year; weekend and occasional evening work
Pay: $15.14/hour, benefits eligible*
Marketing and Communications
• Generate a monthly e-Newsletter, create promotional flyers and informational boards
• Assist in preparing a farmers market marketing plan
• Create and implement social media marketing strategies, responsible for Instagram account
• Educate vendors on good marketing strategies
• Assist in planning and organizing vendor and market manager meetings
• Assist market managers in planning and coordinating educational programming at farmers markets
including Chef @Market, National Farmers Markets Week and Fall Harvest Festival
• Collect and organize vendor payments and required documents
• Prepare annual Market Manager Handbooks
• Assist in recruiting, training, and managing market volunteers
Minimum Qualifications: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and ability to learn new
software applications. Ability to coordinate volunteers. Ability to prepare administrative reports. Ability to
maintain effective working relationships with county staff, community organizations, state and federal agencies
and the public. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally before a large audience and in writing for
marketing and funding support. Highly organized and able to work independently. Willing to attend and
manage Farmers Markets when needed. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work in adverse weather
Preferred Qualifications: An associate degree or higher in an accredited program with demonstrated skills
and knowledge of organizing programs, community education and marketing. Coordination of an Instagram
account for an organization. Grant writing experience a plus. Examples of relevant degrees include:
Horticulture, Agriculture, Food Science, Food Marketing, Biology, Environmental Sustainability, Business or
related degree. Three years of progressively responsible experience in related field is desired.
Certificates and Licenses Required: Motor vehicle operator’s license.
Note: *This position is scheduled to work an average of 30 hours per week (not to exceed 1,560 hours per
calendar year). Individuals in these positions are eligible for limited employee benefits, including medical,
vision and dental insurance coverage, and participation in flexible spending programs, but are not eligible to
earn leave or receive holiday pay.
To apply: Contact Pamela Smith, Community Horticulture Coordinator, Green Spring Gardens at 703- 642-
0128. Submit resumes by email to email@example.com.
Position open until filled. Fairfax County is an equal opportunity employer.